“Leave the best until last.”

Bracegirdle's Chocolates Glenelg
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Glenelg
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Abingdon
“Leave the best until last.”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am a huge chocoholic and had a fab time in Bracegirdle's on my last full day in Adelaide, I had saved it until the end, and was not disappointed.
Well worth a visit, the peanut frappe was amazing, we sat upstairs in a quiet room and did not feel hurried at all. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone. Bracegirdle's you get my vote!

• Visited October 2013

Adelaide, Australia
“Not just chocolate - we had breakfast there!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Sure, the chocolate is excellent and the hot chocolate among the best you'll ever have, but hadn't realised they served REAL food, too. Also very good :-) There's also an area upstairs with rooms and a balcony. All good for relaxing enjoyment.

• Visited October 2013
Paynesville, Australia
“Fantastic Hot Chocolate”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We only had the hot chocolate, but it was the best I have had in a very long time. I am sorry we didn't try the chocolates, they looked fabulous.

• Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Yummy chocolates”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Very friendly staff, yummy chocolates and strawberries, all the things to have a very yummy dessert ;-)

Visited November 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Ruined my birthday!!!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Yes, the chocolate here is amazing but the terrible customer service that my friends, partner and I experienced left a very sour taste in our mouths! There was a group of 12 of us celebrating my birthday and ended up here at the end of the night for some coffee and cake. Firstly we were told that because there was a large number of us and the kitchen was busy we would have to spend a minimum of $10 each. This wasn't a problem as we all wanted a dessert and coffee but how paying a minimum of $10 per person would alleviate the pressure of the kitchen staff does not make any sense to me. I ordered a brownie. I was told that it came with a side pot of chocolate and paid a little extra for a side of a little ice-cream. We waited about 45 minutes for our desserts which they brought them all out at different times, so we didnt get to enjoy of dessert together. Some friends had eaten their desserts and were still waiting for their coffees when they then brought mine out and forgot the ice-cream. Frustrated I went to the counter to remind them about my ice-cream. The woman there was quite dismissive and didnt even apologise. A male staff member brought my icecream about 5 minutes later, still no apologies and took my pot of chocolate sauce away!!! Really upset at this stage I went to complain about the service, especially since i told them i was celebrating my birthday when we arrived. Still no apologies, she just snapped at me, saying that you either get the icecream or the chocolate, not both. The ice-cream cost a little more than the chocolate sauce and that is why I paid extra. Even this being the case it was their stuff up and extremely rude to take it away. Surely they could serve it to anyone else after they had delivered it to my table..... a real let down to an otherwise perfect night. Will not be returning!!!

• Visited January 2013