“So convenient and great value for money”

Glenelg Gateway Apartments
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Perth, Australia
“So convenient and great value for money”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

So close to shops, eating places, tram, buses and beach. Really easy to get to from the airport. We were attending a water polo championship at Marion over the Easter break and it was just a 5 mins drive away. The Aquatic Centre was huge and state of the art.
My husband and I had a 1 bedroom apartment on the first floor. Very quiet. Free Parking. Well equipped in the kitchen but we didn't cook. Just had breakfast and ate out every night. The marina area is great.
The apartment is clean but a bit dark in the living room. Nothing a lamp can't fix. The kitchen cupboards need revamping but didn't bother us. Water pressure good in the shower. Bring shower soap.
Before we got to apartment we got a sms to let us know where to find our key. Very efficient.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lancashire uk
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed at the Gateway Apartments in Feb 2013. We had a ground floor apartment which had a small private courtyard at the front with a table & 2 chairs. This area got the sun in the afternoon, which was really nice to sit and relax in after being out all day.The apartment was very clean with a well equipped kitchen, comfy bed, plenty of storage space & a lovely tiled bathroom with a walk-in shower and a hairdryer provided. There is an air-conditioning unit & a ceiling fan in the living area & a ceiling fan in the bedroom. What more could you ask !! Location was excellent. Just a 2 minute walk around the corner was a shopping mall with a post office, general shops & large supermarket. Cold or frozen foods didn't have time to defrost with just a short distance back to the apartment. At the back of the apartment building is another courtyard and a laundry room with a washer, a dryer & a large sink ( ideal for rinsing swimming things) & a washing line. The tram stop was also just around the corner. It runs from Glenelg to Adelaide city...an excellent service.The cost of the apartment was very reasonable compared to other apartments & accommodation in Glenelg.
We really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it. We'll definitely stay again when we're next in Australia.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I stayed at Glenelg Gateway Apartments from November 30th - Dec 5th 2012. From the second I got there you got a feeling of friendliness :) Connie who runs the place literally could not do enough to make me comfortable and make things more convenient. For example, when I arrived due to a mix up by my company who booked the trip, they were not expecting me until 1am, I arrive at midday. Connie rearranged rooms and ensured my room was cleaned straight away so I didnt have to hang around. Also, when I was due to leave I was able to stay in the room until 5pm as my flight wasnt until the evening. I imagine this is not always the case (due to whether rooms are available) but I see this as going above and beyond expectations.
The apartment itself was clean, spacious and well equipt with everything you would need.
The location is excellent, it is at the top of Jetty Road right next to the tram stop which takes you in to the city within 20 minutes. Also, the beach is five minutes walk straight down Jetty rd where there are a number of places to shop, eat and drink. The beach was lovely and not overcrowded.
I would recommend this apartment to families, couples, friends, anyone really!!
Thanks Connie!

Room Tip: We stayed in the top apartment at the front, great to sit on the balcony with a drink ;)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank aleroo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

A wonderful 12 day stay, no complaints whatsoever. Very spacious apartment, private courtyard, air conditioning and ceiling fans keep the apartment very comfortable at all times. Connie is a wonderful host, we will certainly be returning and recommending to anybody who is visiting Adelaide. I totally agree with all of the other comments about location, convenience to trams, supermarket is right across the road. Thanks Connie for a wonderful stay, and the free wireless is a much appreciated bonus.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MrsVAuckland
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We had an excellent five days at the Glenelg Gateway Apartments in November. The location is excellent with a supermarket 3 minutes walk away and a short stroll to beautiful Glenelg beach and restaurants. The self catering apartments are well appointed and clean. Will stay again for sure.

Room Tip: I think all would be good.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank AnthonyHendra
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed in the 1st floor apartment, a very spacious 1 br apartment which had everything we needed. Connie was very helpful in responding to my texts when I had trouble connecting to the free wifi. Good sized plasma tv. Location is great so close to Jetty road for shops and eating places. Tram to Glenelg about 5 mins walk and is free for Seniors between 9am to 3pm.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard have a pleasant aspect.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Panda055
Larnaca
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My husband and I stayed for a week and it was a most enjoyable stay.The groundfloor,1 bedroom apartment was more than adequate.The large shower room had the best shower ever! Connie,the owner was great,and also her cleaning lady was helpful in explaining to us how the trams work.There was a large screen television and free internet.The laundry was great too.The apartments are on a busy intersection but the noise is a distant hum,so no problem.It only takes 10mins to walk along Jetty Road to the seafront.There are 2 nearby supermarkets,Woolworths being 1minute away.The tram for Adelaide is just over the road and runs frequently.All in all a great stay and a big thankyou to Connie.

Room Tip: If you have heavy suitcases ask Connie for a groundfloor apartment.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple