“Good food, but cold coffee and a bit pricey” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eden Dining Room and Bar - CLOSED

Eden Dining Room and Bar
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: New restaurant
Adelaide, Australia
“Good food, but cold coffee and a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We had a good meal with friends at the Eden Dining Room and Bar. The decor is very attractive and there was a buzzing atmosphere (perhaps too noisy for a romantic dinner - especially as some of the tables are right next to each other). Service was good too. The meals were all of a high standard, but we found the prices for steaks very high - more than 40 dollars and that did not include sides. Fortunately we had the Entertainment card, so it made the final bill a bit more affordable. Unfortunately the coffees we had to end off our meal were luke-warm and we were in a bit of a rush to go, so we didn't mention that to the staff or send them back. Overall I would say the food is of an outstanding quality, but without the Entertainment card discount, I don't think we will eat here again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Perth, Australia
“Awesome Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We were a bit reluctant to try Eden for a late breakfast as it was a bar. What a surprise. The menu was amazing, the corn fritters were the best I've had. Good vegetarian selection, fresh produce, modern australian. Although there was a bit of a wait from the kitchen it was well worth it. Would definitely go back again.

• Visited December 2013
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Service very good ,they made an error and gave us one wrong small plate so left it with us and gave us the correct one also, so ended up with extra plate,great food would go there again

• Visited December 2013
Singapore
“An Undesirable Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

On 16 Oct 2013, a party of my friends (18 of us) and I visited the Eden Glenelg restaurant in Adelaide.
After being seated, we noticed that the restaurant was not busy and only about two other tables were occupied. The waitress greeted us and explained the specials to us. We occupied two long rows of table.
After ordering our mains we had to wait almost 30 minutes before the entree arrived. The individual plates of the entree was placed at the head of the long table where it was supposed to be cut up and passed down the line where each one of us had to take a tiny bit to 'wet' the lips. I have NEVER before had this kind of treatment in any restaurant , let alone one which boasts of 'fine dining'.
Finally when the mains arrived after a much long awaited anticipation , I was appalled to see that I was served a terribly blackened charred piece of what was supposed to be my steak. (photo above). My friend who was seated next to me also was served a burnt steak but mine was beyond description! I questioned the waitress but she didn't respond and walked away. My friends and I tried to get her attention but she didn't respond. We then saw the manager and beckoned to him. He put on a long sulky look and told me that the meat was fine. He said that was grilled on wood and once it's cut it should be fine! I then proceeded to cut it with some difficulty in front of him ( as it was very tough). He didn't say anything and walked away. We then called the waitress and she said she will check with the kitchen . After at least fifteen minutes, she came back and reluctantly informed me that I could choose another main meal. However, time didn't permit as my friends had all finished their meal and the transport was waiting for us. (I wonder why it took so long for them to come to that decision) . That being the situation , I had to make do with a strawberry pie which I shared with my friends in order to save time.
I left the restaurant totally disappointed and hungry wowing never to step into it again.
What was supposed to be an enjoyable and memorable dinner, turned out to be a complete let down.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We ate here about 6 weeks ago (Sept 2013) and I was a little apprehensive as I had seen mixed reviews, however we were blown away! The food was amazing and service excellent. When I asked for a cocktail I was advised they don't have a list so I could just tell them anything I want or what kind of flavours or alcohol I like or even just what type of mood I was in and they would make one to suit! I ended up having one of the 3 they were promoting and it was sensational. The wine list is seriously impressive and we were given quite special attention to assist with choosing a wine as we were a little overwhelmed at the huge choice. Ended up trying something we had never heard of and probably never would have otherwise tried and it was great. I can't rave enough about the food, everything we ate was so delicious. I also think for what you get it is reasonably priced. Obviously it isn't cheap, however I think there is value for money in the food and service you receive. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited September 2013