“Two times twice good ”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Have been to Lims a few times, and haven't been disappointed! Prawns are a good size and the duck was great. friendly warm atmosphere, and fast service. when I want Chinese I go to Lims!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We dined at Lims about 3 weeks ago but because it was to near the last experience I had to wait to put this review online.
Food was divine, hot and sour soup simply the best I have ever eaten again. Everything was simply WONDERFUL. The staff are amazing and make you want to back each and every day!
We cannot wait to return and relax and enjoy the atmosphere and food!! YUM YUM YUM.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have been going to lims ever since I was a child this was my first time back since the not so recent renovation, it has lost some of it's atmosphere and the toilets are upstairs which could be a big problem for some people but it's still well worth a visit. It was good to see some familiar faces amongst the staff their dedication to service is still amazing. Our meals were delicious and promptly served we especially enjoyed the house made hot chilli sauce.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Once again arrived back home completely contented. The delicious food cooked and served by the terrific staff at Lims is amazing. The huge prawns in spicy sauce were wonderfully succulent and to die for. Phil was on fine form once again with a wonderful welcome as always. All the staff make you feel like one of the family. Fong is delightful and is making Lims just as homely, making a terrific beginning as part owner. Now I can't wait to return for another extremely gorgeous Chinese from the BEST in Adelaide!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We were in Glenelg and as my daughter wanted (Chinese) comfort food, we decided to pop in for a quick bite. Looking at the mainly Western patrons, we ordered standard Chinese dishes from the recommended list and did not expect much. After waiting nearly an hour, we had the strangest Chinese meal we've ever had. Instead of the standard deep fried half chicken, the Crispy Chicken with Special Spicy Sauce was a sliced up piece of dry, skinless chicken breast resting on sliced cucumbers. The Special Spicy Sauce which we asked to be served on the side tasted like a mix of BBQ sauce and Worcestershire sauce. The expected comfort dish of combination fried rice noodles was anything but. It was a stir fried dish of assorted vegetables and chicken with probably 20% of flat rice noodles. In fact, it was almost the same as the mixed vegetables with pork, beef, prawns and chicken that we had also ordered. As only 1 person of our party of 4 wanted steamed rice, we ordered 1 serving. We were given 1 serving, but charged for 4 servings as "it was policy". Well we won't be back. All I can say is "Enjoy!" to the Western crowd.

2  Thank Secret_Possum