“Excellent Chinese Restaurant With Attentive Staff”
Review of Lychie - CLOSED

Lychie
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I went here for a meal with two friends mid-week in the evening. We were seated immediately and given ample time to chat, read the menu and decide what to eat. We started with Dim Sum, then had crispy duck and pancakes, and then 3 main meals.

All courses were piping hot, served when we wanted them, and we didn't feel rushed. Drinks were poured discretely so as not to interrupt our conversation, and we were given plenty of time between courses in order to digest our food and get ready for the next course.

Whilst the meal wasn't cheap, it was good value for the 3 of us, and was good value.

I will certainly eat here again when I am in Adelaide.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Went for tea on Saturday and was very disappointed with our meal. We used a voucher which I have used at other restaurants and not been disappointed with our meal as I was at Lychie. The service was great, very helpful and attentive but the food was not that enjoyable.

1  Thank Christine F
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Bought a voucher meal deal for 4-people and expected pretty ordinary fare with reduced size servings. To our delight, the service was first rate and the food was just superb - and no short changing on the size of serves. The four of us each ordered something different and shared, so we could get a broad opinion of the food. We all rated this the best Asian restaurant in town and we've been to a few. I expect the idea of the discount vouchers is to get people to try these places at a bargain price, hopefully to have them return and pay the normal rate later. Well, it worked for us. We will be back! Time is too short to waste it at inferior restaurants. Lychie is just marvelous.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

As locals we eat down the Marina every weekend but for no reason seemed to have skipped this delightful place. Inside we were delighted to see no daggy decorations instead subtle asian decor influence with crisp white tablecloths that I just love in any good restaurant.
Staff were very friendly and attentive over dinner and food and wine delicious and reasonable priced. If you want cheap, greasy food, thick wine glasses and terrible Chinese decorations this place is not for you.
Mr N and I shared spring rolls and satay prawns for entree. Rolls were good size and prawns absolutely delicious. For mains we decided to share again the seafood sizzling plate and also the sizzling meat plate without pork as I am allergic and staff were happy to oblige.We had our mains with steamed rice which was plenty for us but if you had a larger appetite you might want to add a vet able dish but we didn't feel it necessarily. Both dishes were superb fresh, plentiful and well presented..Menu also catered for most people by including steaks and seafood dishes so can take the whole family or variety of friends with different tastes.
Wine by the bottle were same as other restaurants in the area but we tried the house wine as it came as a special with our dinner which was very easy drinking and actual enjoyed it. Not sure where it came from but I had a glass of white and Mr N chose the red.
Looking forward to returning again soon. Thanking the staff for a lovely evening.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I've eaten here on 5 or 6 occasions in the past 12 months and each time I've enjoyed it immensely. The restaurant is nicely styled and the food is excellent. I love the satay hotpot. Staff are usually very good too.