I booked one of the VIP rooms as a treat for my husband for Fathers day and his birthday 2 days later.
The girl I spoke to when making the booking was incredibly friendly and helpful with my room selection and included breakfast, valet parking and late check out in the price of the room. She told me that of the 3 VIP rooms one has a balcony and put a request on the booking for this room.
On arrival when I inquired about this I was told none of them had a balcony, a little confusing.
We ended up carrying our own bags up as we needed them straight away. We were given Rm 1220 a wonderful view, that can only really be fully appreciated whilst standing up. We felt a table and chairs placed in this area would be useful. There is a small couch that is placed in such a way you have your back to the view.
We had a dinner reservation elsewhere and thought we would have a pre-dinner cocktail in the Hotel's cocktail lounge. Unfortunately this bar was staffed by only one inexperienced bar tender . It took 40 minutes to receive our order which arrived just as we were about to cancel so we weren't late for our dinner date, we had 2 minutes to drink and go. The music that they were playing was absolutely torturous....I can only ask whoever chose this soundtrack 'What were you thinking' !! Maybe something a little more contemporary might help to divert your attention from the already very stodgy interior.
Breakfast was nice with a good selection including an omelette station .
Pretty much every staff member we encountered was somber and preoccupied, it's bad news when you have to work at getting a smile from hospitality staff. The service in all areas was a little off.
We did find it clean and maybe it was the cleaning staff that kept opening and closing the door even though we had hung the 'Do not disturb' sign on the door.
I did appreciate the L'Occitane bath products.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Grand Adelaide is one of the best luxury accommodations in Glenelg Adelaide, located on the absolute beachfront. Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel is an ideal base for you to discover all that Glenelg and Adelaide have to offer. Our Glenelg accommodation is perfect for those who are looking for a beachside location that is close to Adelaide's special events, yet out of the city! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stamford Grand Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Grand Adelaide Glenelg
- Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel Glenelg