Stamford Grand Adelaide
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$110
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Atlantic Tower Motor Inn(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$106
US$80
Agoda.com
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$71
Agoda.com
Comfort Inn Anzac Highway(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$93
US$112
US$97
3,006 results
All reviewspromenade restaurantwinter wonderlandgrand bargreat locationocean viewcocktail loungeglenelg beachjetty roadbuffet breakfasthigh teabalcony roomvalet parkingtram stopcityadelaideconciergeconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After reading some reviews I was a little apprehensive about booking this hotel, but did so anyway because of the location for our business needs. I am so very happy that we booked the Stamford! Our room was clean, nicely appointed, and large ( ocean view w/ balcony). The view was spectacular. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The location wa great for leisurely beach walks, restaurants, and shopping.

1  Thank JAR59
Justin_Higgins, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear JAR59

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We pride ourselves on our stunning, absolute beachfront position and I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable.

We look forward to your next stay

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stay at the Stamford Grand every time we are in Adelaide. The rooms are slightly dated but always clean and comfortable. The best part of this hotel is the location and views. On one side you have ocean views and city views on the other side both views are great.

You are also walking distance to some great restaurants and the tram which you can take in to the city.

The service at the hotel has always been very professional and check in and out is always quick.

If you like coastal locations, long walks along the beach and jetty this is a great Adelaide / Glenelg location to stay.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Jeff M

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We pride ourselves on our great location with rooms overlooking both the ocean and the Adelaide Hills.

We look forward to your next stay

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The check in service was reasonably fast, The self parking car park is a 20 second walk from the hotel. There is only $5 dollars difference between self park and valet parking per day so it does make the self parking seem expensive. The room I had on the 7th floor was large enough with a desk, couch and a small dining table with two chairs. The room was very clean and well appointed. The bed was large and very comfortable with a medium to soft mattress. The hairdryer was a brand name but had seen better days with limited airflow and the nozzle had gone missing.
The only issue I had with the Stamford was with finding value or flavor in the two meals i had at the hotel. The first meal, a $30.00 Linguine Seafood Marinara whilst it had a reasonable amount of prawns fish and calamari it did not have any flavor in the Spicy tomato sauce that was i felt an very important part of the meal.. Maybe i was supposed to squeeze the supplied tomato sauce sachet to obtain flavor. The second meal was a $28.00 chicken schnitzel with Mash and a Mushroom sauce. The mushroom sauce was tasty but the crumbed chicken was very ordinary to say the least.

Dear Adrian M

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

While I am pleased you enjoyed our guests rooms I am disappointed to learn of your dining experience. I thank you for bringing this to our attention and I would like to assure you that your concern raised has been taken on board and addressed with my Food & Beverage Director.

Thank you again for your comments, they are appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you back some time soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've previously given the Stamford Grand a review with a 4 star rating, but wanted to upgrade it on the basis of a small improvement to service and the consistently excellent stays I've had here.

I've been staying here once or twice a month this year - it's my business hotel of choice in Adelaide - and there is a strong consistency to the experience. They've also started taking room service orders directly via reception, which means immediate responsiveness and only one call (rather than the call back).

This hotel is always comfortable, friendly and responsive. I definitely aim for an ocean view room if possible as the rooms seem a little bigger and brighter. The Stamford is great for sole travellers as it has a warm ambience. This goes from the soft, comfy furnishings to the warm lighting and the happy, friendly staff who respond quickly to any requests. The room service deliveries are always top notch, too. Well cooked, fresh, good portion sizes and delicious! The amenities (tea & coffee, toiletries) are handy. The concierge is usually ready to open the door for you, give you a hand with your luggage, lend you an umbrella or hail a taxi. I really look forward to my stays here and it's a bit of a 'home away from home' for me. It's difficult to find a hotel with real warmth, professionalism and good aesthetics at a reasonable price, but this hotel manages it so well.

I have three suggestions for other travellers:

Definitely go for an ocean view room - I find the city view rooms a touch depressing in comparison. They often have good specials on their website.

If you're tossing up between the Stamford and the Oaks next door, the Oaks has larger rooms and a kitchenette but the furnishings are pretty hard and you have to byo ambience. There is no real service to speak of. This might be a good choice if you're staying with your family. The Stamford is smaller, prettier and more comfy, with service at every corner and a better choice if you are staying alone or as a couple, and can benefit from the time and space-saving amenities supplied.

Thirdly - check your kettle before using. I always rinse any room kettle out before using, and once I had some silt and sediment in it. I rang and they brought me up a new one immediately and apologised.

My only suggestion for the hotel would be to improve the instructions for the air conditioner. The operation panel is a little confusing at first visit until you trial and error your way through, and one of the other guests at my last stay was concerned by its volume...they didn't realise you could turn the fan onto low. Please thank the staff for being so consistently welcoming, terrific and kind.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are prettier and lighter. They also seem a bit bigger - is it just my imagination?
1  Thank karasch

Dear Karasch

I appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback, I am thrilled to know that you had a wonderful and enjoyable stay at our hotel and we appreciate your positive comments regarding all facets of your visit.

I will certainly take the air-conditioning suggestion into consideration.

It is rewarding to learn that our staff delivered on service during your stay and I will be sure to share your positive feedback with the team.

We hope your memorable experience with us will continue to bring you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night here. Arrived mid afternoon to find one member of staff on front desk and a long line of guests waiting to check in. Poor first impression. It always disappoints me to see other members of staff milling in and out of the check in area, apparently performing clerical work when there are guests waiting to be checked in. It's a sign of poor management leadership.

Sea facing room is perfectly adequate. Clean. The hotel is right on the beach and I really enjoyed the location & will never stay in Adelaide city again. The tram goes from the hotel to the city. Taking a car south along the coast and within an hour there are numerous little beach towns to explore.

I would stay here again when in Adelaide. If the front desk situation doesn't change I'll move on.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Drmrw

Dear Drmrw

Please accept my apologies for the inefficiencies that you encountered during check in, which I have subsequently addressed with my Front Office Manager.