“My new local”

La Musette Cycling Cafe & Gallery
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating
Description: Glenelg's only dedicated siphon coffee bar, La Musette is a small, boutique cafe, designed specifically to service Adelaide's cycling community and anyone else who wanders in to grab a coffee.Seating is limited to 15 customers at any one time, parking is provided and as well as serving great coffee, we stock a range of spare tubes, emergency cycling supplies and bananas.Quirky, cycling/steampunk artworks by Kat and various artists adorn the walls for sale or have a look at the locally designed and crafted jewellery and nicknacks.Enjoy the unique and inviting atmosphere of a strange little cafe that has timetravelled all the way from 18th century Paris in a pedal-powered hot air balloon and come to rest gently in Moseley Street, Glenelg.
melbourne
“My new local”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently moved to Adelaide and have been searching for a good, local cafe in Glenelg. I pride myself in my ability to 'sniff out a good cafe' whatever town I'm in and it did take me a couple of weeks to find La Musette as it is quite small and off the main drag. I had been to a few cafes in Glenelg but once I'd found La Musette I knew I'd found 'the one'! Great coffee, lovely home baked treats, the friendliest most relaxed owners who obviously love what they do. It's really refreshing to witness a certain pride in your work and a genuine concern whether you enjoyed your meal or not. The menu is fairly limited yet delicious- my husband and I shared the Zupp vegetarian burger today and yesterday we enjoyed the sweet treats on offer - all really good. People next to us had the pancakes which looked amazing so they will definitely be next on my list. The smoothies also deserve special mention. This is most definitely our new local- we will be back next weekend, can't wait.

• Visited June 2014
10 Thank katiepie123

Adelaide, Australia
“Superbe”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great little spot! Had a fab coffee and some beautiful 'just out of the oven' cake when we stumbled on this place the other day. Owners as friendly as. Highly recommend taking the walk away from the busy main strip and usual coffee haunts.

• Visited May 2014
10 Thank Shenfers
Adelaide, Australia
“Cool spot”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great little place with possibly the best coffee around. Nice vibe from the cycling theme. I went here as Grind it was as usu7al full, and it is very good. Limited food but great drinks...berry smoothie was wonderful.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank michael p
Ann Arbor
“Great coffee. Great people.”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I found this shop by accident and was thoroughly impressed by the beans and attention paid to making a wonderful cup of coffee. I was not sure which of the roasts to try so the owner insisted that I try three at no extra charge. Highly recommend trying this gem.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank UMblue
ADELAIDE
“Supreme customer service”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

It's not often you walk into a cafe and your cuppa is served free of charge! My husband and I called in and had hoped to use EFTPOS but being such a small cafe/gallery it wasn't available nor in fact was the cafe even open ( the owner was enjoying a coffee with some mates). However, rather than let us walk away he invited us to sit down and made us a drink on the house. Of course, we'll go back and pay for the drinks and indulge in one of his fabulous looking burgers. Even despite the supreme customer service the cafe is a cool alternative to the standard idea of a coffee shop on the nearby strip in Glenelg.

7 Thank Kim N