“Rubber lobster. ..!!”
Review of Cafe Blu Oaks Plaza Pier Hotel - CLOSED

Cafe Blu Oaks Plaza Pier Hotel
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Renmark, Australia
“Rubber lobster. ..!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Went to this cafe for a meal on a Sunday evening. Had a great bruschetta entrée that was very tasty but was very let down by overpriced mains, and a surf and turf which was very poor in quality. The surf and turf was supposed to have lobster atop. What I got was a small cray that had rubber flesh, that is the small and meagre meat that could be found on the creature. I have seen more meat in yabby tails. For $40 was a most disappointing meal. The other meal we had was the seafood chowder and whilst that was tasty it was a very small portion for $24. Would not recommend this place at all. Lots of quality restaurants and cafes on jetty rd worthy of a look.

Australia
“Good view, good food and good service.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had breakfast here this morning. We had a ten minute window till breakfast closed so chose our meals quickly. The waitress was really helpful in assisting us to decide what to order and was flexible with the extras we ordered. Coffee arrived quickly and our meals were not far behind. The food was hot, fresh and delicious. I had the banana bread with a cooked banana, bacon and maple syrup, the boys had eggs and bacon and hash browns - all very nice.
The pricing was good and the services was very good.
Oh, and even though the weather was not so nice, we had a lovely view out over the ocean while we were warm and cosy inside.

• Visited June 2014
Doha
“Bowled Over”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I may have entered here a little prejudiced. When my sister suggested eating at a beachside hotel, I prepared myself for something mediocre. But this was not mediocre at all. The cafe sits right on the beach by the bay -- we got a table by the big glass windows so were given a view of kings. The menu had a slightly 90s feel -- pizza, pastas, sandwiches and their signature schnitzel. Everything we ordered was flawless for what it was. Thick, rich chowder; schnitzel that was crispy on the outside and moist inside; a generous pie and juicy chicken burger. The prices were very modest as well. The kids had a great time, and the staff were particularly accommodating. All through lunch I just kept saying what a terrific find the place was. Highly impressed!

Adelaide, Australia
“Outstanding food, service and a breathtaking sea view!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We loved the beautiful view overlooking the beach and ocean and thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Cafe Blu. It was great that we could order off the Thai food menu of the Pantai restaurant across the corridor, so two of us had Cafe Blu menu items and two had Thai food. Everything was delicious. The winner of the night was the Chicken Salad - absolutely exquisite. My husband's salt and pepper squid was scrumptious - so tender and tasty! I loved my Chicken Green Curry and the Cashew Chicken that the other person in our party ordered was great too! We all shared in the large slice of Mars Bar cheesecake. Combine that with fantastic, friendly service and GREAT VALUE for money and you have a winner! AND then there is the Entertainment voucher too. Highly recommended!!!

• Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
“At last a hotel restaurant that can cook barramundi perfectly.”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Café Blu is one of a few outlets in the Oaks Plaza Pier Hotel and we chose it because they served wedges (our favourites).

We also chose this outlet because they had wild caught barramundi (not the farmed rubbish - plate size!!) and it was sensational.

If you are a fish lover, then you know what I mean when you say it was moist, beautiful texture and superb taste.

The wedges were brilliant. Hot (not warm), crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, I can't speak highly enough of them.

All this from a hotel food outlet. Trouble is, it has raised my expectations of when we try another hotel elsewhere.

Café Blu, you have set a seriously high bench mark. Thank you.

Visited January 2014