“Bland and uncaring, this place should be considered only if everywhere else is booked out.”
Review of Glenelg Motel

Glenelg Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Glenelg B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I asked for an extra bed (any size) in our room as I have a back injury and I sleep in a separate bed than my partner at home. Until now, every hotel has granted me this request. Not only did they refuse to accommodate the request, no one bothered to call me to notify me before we checked in. Other arrangements could have been made. The room included chocolate, and they were half melted because again, no one bothered to turn the air conditioning on and it was over 30 degrees that day. I could go on about the disgusting service we received at breakfast, but it was actually very tasty. The best part of our stay was that morning meal.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My large room had everything I needed and provided me with two good nights sleep. The layout of the motel meant that although it is on a reasonably busy road traffic noise was not a problem. The front desk was friendly and efficient.

Other reviewers have mentioned that the motel is convenient for the airport. It certainly is but the slight cost of this is that one can hear aircraft in some circumstances, but not loudly enough to be a nuisance or to put me off returning to this motel.

2 Thank wakeupjames
Broken Hill, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I thought I'd try something closer to the beach, but this wasn't what I expected. It was a bed for the night, that's all. Windows didn't have a flyscreen on them, so couldn't be opened, which in hindsight, was probably just as well, because the green rubbish bin next to the door, was on the nose...middle of summer and prawn shells, I expect!! Aircon was pretty noisy. and the cupboards weren't fitted to the wall. I dropped clothes down behind them acidentally and spent a time fishing them out. The room was clean. Girls on the desk were nice. You get what you pay for, although I would've thought $95 for one person no breakfast, is not exactly cheap. I wouldn't go back again.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Cheap accommodation, room slept 6, we could only get one night via booking.com so we had too be on. Front desk was friendly. Rooms are nest and clean. TV is far to high for comfortable viewing, if you arrive past 9pm to check in you cannot access the front desk, seems a bit strange when we all know travel plans sometimes go awry outside of our control. There are plenty of comparable motels closer to glenelg jetty and foreshore.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank paulBou
Beijing
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Only ten minutes by car from the Airport and a ten minute walk to the beach and shops, this is a great little place to stay. It's clean and quiet and although it could do with modernising, the room was spacious and had everything we required, especially when you consider how inexpensive it is compared with the newer motels closer to the beach.

2 Thank MaryBear
Melbourne
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Glenelg Motel & there is a reason that it is a lot cheaper than a lot of other properties in Glenelg. Although the rooms were clean enough, the motel is tired and needs an update. The major annoyance for us was that the windows couldn't be opened, even though the rooms are all on the ground floor. This meant that we had to use the air conditioner at night to get some air flow in the room, and believe me, it was the noisest air conditioner ever! The motel really needs to invest in some new split system air conditioners - or have windows that can be opened. We found the staff 'welcome' when we arrived as being rather disinterested, although the staff member when we left was pleasant and helpful. Overall, I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Adelaide
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Had the greatest stay I have had and for the size of room it was real value for money, breakfast was delicious great cook great choice, only downside was no choice of skim milk & t.v was to high in room and unable to see from bed as was at an awkward position on wardrobe

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple