“Adelaide Getaway”
Review of Glenelg Motel

Glenelg Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Glenelg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed clean and comfortable accommodation. Security is important with gates at both front and rear closed at night time. The location is not ideal for a beach stay, being quite a walk to the water, although it has its own pool. Restaurants are also not really close by. We had full breakfast with our deal and the quality and range was very good. We would stay here again if we returned to Adelaide.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rescobee
There are newer reviews for Glenelg Motel

Reviewed 1 May 2013

The motel is fine and is walking distance to Glenelg. The staff are very friendly & informed. The breakfasts are EXCEPTIONAL value at $12 for the biggest range of a continental breakfast i've ever seen. We opted for the FULL breaky $16 which is a big $$$ saver, as we DID NOT need lunch on any of the 6 days we were in Glenelg.

We would definately recommend the Glenelg Motel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TumutTravellers5142
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This motel is a well designed old fashioned motel. It is close to the airport and very close to the waters edge at Glenelg. The office and restaurant are located at the front of the motel near the road and rooms are further back from the road around a central courtyard which provides parking. That design completely insulates the rooms from any road noise. The rooms themselves are a bit tired but spacious, clean and comfortable. I did find the bed a bit hard but that is a personal preference. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was available in the restaurant if wanted.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank weaver555
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Hosts were very pleasant and helpful. We initially thought we may have been too far out of the town area but hosts provided us with a short cut map which took us into Jetty road very easily which meant we could catch the tram into the city and walk to Jetty Road for shops or eating. Would recommend this motel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ryantandh
Reviewed 17 February 2013

These rooms are all ground level, almost in a circle forming a courtyard area in the middle. The rooms are spacious with desk facilities, and a small living room area. Good sized tv and air con which is very important in this part of the world! There is a decent bath room, no bath, just shower and sink. They also do breakfast, in a communal area. Either continental or cooked - I had cooked on first day which was nice and was sizeable, but unfortunately no fresh coffee - sorry I just can't drink instant. The location is superb, just a 5 min walk to the harbour, and beach and just 10 mins from the the main high street and tram line in the city. This place is very efficiently run, everything appears to work like clockwork. Rooms are cleaned without fail every morning. What is is also nice is that there is quite an eclectic feel, there are all sorts of people staying from old folk, to young tourists, to visiting mine workers, to bikers. Everyone has been really welcoming and friendly. So my only problem wa the coffee, my Internet was also really slow for the first few days (which isn't good when you are working), but giving me a new password seemed to sort out the problem.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank flyrobfly
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I asked for an extra bed (any size) in our room as I have a back injury and I sleep in a separate bed than my partner at home. Until now, every hotel has granted me this request. Not only did they refuse to accommodate the request, no one bothered to call me to notify me before we checked in. Other arrangements could have been made. The room included chocolate, and they were half melted because again, no one bothered to turn the air conditioning on and it was over 30 degrees that day. I could go on about the disgusting service we received at breakfast, but it was actually very tasty. The best part of our stay was that morning meal.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My large room had everything I needed and provided me with two good nights sleep. The layout of the motel meant that although it is on a reasonably busy road traffic noise was not a problem. The front desk was friendly and efficient.

Other reviewers have mentioned that the motel is convenient for the airport. It certainly is but the slight cost of this is that one can hear aircraft in some circumstances, but not loudly enough to be a nuisance or to put me off returning to this motel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo