“A new benchmark in self-catering accommodation”
Review of Seawall Apartments

Seawall Apartments
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Glenelg
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“A new benchmark in self-catering accommodation”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Every now and then you stay in accommodation that destroys the competition and against which all else is measured. Seawall Apartments is that place. My relationship with hotels in the city has been mixed; they can be overpriced and while conveniently close to the CBD, far from the most beautiful areas of the city. I'd not considered staying in Glenelg before but booked two nights in Hills View on the basis of the reviews here. I'm so glad I did.

Just hours previously, I'd stepped off a plane from London into Australia as a permanent resident - this was my long-awaited migration to the country, and I decided to spend a little more to give myself the best starting point from which to begin my new life down under. The team at Seawall's provided a gorgeous apartment, wonderfully clean and highly maintained with modern finishings that maintain character and warmth. I arrived earlier than planned and they helpfully let me keep my bags in the suite while it was being cleaned. I took that time to take in the location, literally a stone's throw from the beach, next to a pedestrian esplanade. With the sun out, the ocean shimmering and the sand white, this was the paradise I envisioned as I boarded at Heathrow in the cold and rain.

I can't thank the team here enough. They were hands-off, so I hardly saw them, but the quality of their work shone through every spotless surface, every exchanged smile and every time I thought of where I stayed as I explored the city and looked forward to returning. The team are understandably proud of what they offer, and I am already looking forward to returning.

I'll finish with this: if you are looking through the hotels here and struggling to make a decision, perhaps Seawalls is a little out of your budget, just make the booking. This is a new standard of accommodation, and it eats hotels which cost three times as much for breakfast. You can thank yourself later.

Room Tip: Each of the accommodations are unique. I stayed in Hills View, which isn't looking onto the sea...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kalifire
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear kalifire, thank you so much for your incredible review - we are completely over the moon.
Safe to say we have never had a review quite like it!
Thanks so much for thanking the staff, as they appreciate it and they love looking after our guests.
I am so glad we were able to be part of such a positive start to your new Aussie life in Adelaide.
We all look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kindest regards,
Rachael and the Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Seawall Apartments is the place to stay in Glenelg: sweet rooms, lots of quirky things to see, friendly staff. Walking and running on the esplanade with the locals is great, beach is just one step away, Jetty Road around the corner has all you need. Just bring your running shoes and your flipflops and no one will know you're not a local. Aussies are very hospitable: they do not only ask how you are, but wait for your answer as well. Open a map while standing in the street and the first one who passes will ask if he can be of assistance. The tram will bring you into the heart of Adelaide.

Room Tip: We loved the Courtyard for the sun and quietness, but since there are no cars allowed at the esplana...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you In-love-with-Bonaire for the wonderfully sweet review of your stay.
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our style of aussie hospitality! Glenelg is such a friendly and relaxed place and I am thrilled to hear about the helpful locals and of course about our delightful staff.
It must be getting pretty chilly back home in the Netherlands now- do come and visit us again soon,
all the best,
Rachael, Jayne and Sophie
Wodonga, Australia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

OMG....was all I could manage to say when I entered our apartment at Seawall! Great location, very friendly girl in front office, very spacy apartment (the kitchen has everything you need) with spa bath, great beds and waking up with the sounds and views of rolling waves was absolutely awesome ... free laundry and internet also. Very kids friendly and safe with no cars driving nearby. By far the best beach side accommodation we ever had...I will never search for accommodation in Glenelg again, I will book straight here.

Room Tip: "The Quarter" has a great balcony overlooking the beach and the promenade.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
OMG! ozitis you made our day THANK YOU!
Jayne, Sophie and I were just thrilled to read on TripAdvisor and hear directly from you how much you loved The Quarter Deck.
Thank you for noting our wonderful friendly staff - they do a great job of making everyone feel welcome and I know that their sunny disposition is a huge part of Seawall's success - well done ladies x
"By far the best beach side accommodation we have ever had" is about as good as it gets! Thank you so much for wonderful comments and its great to hear that you will be back to stay in the future.
All the best,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This place lived up to our expectations and as a bonus we found that we had been moved to 'The Quarter Deck' which was an apartment with rooms and a decking overlooking the sea. The apartment was fabulous with so much space. It was a great location for walking miles along the beach, for shopping and also for getting into Adelaide by tram. We used the BBQ almost every night which overlooked the sea. We also enjoyed our daily chats with Alan(fellow Brit although he was a Brummie!)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks Youngtel for your awesome review, we do appreciate your kind comments.
Like the previous guest I note you were lucky enough to receive a complimentary upgrade to a seafront apartment - I'm glad you enjoyed the wonderful view! It is a fantastic place for a BBQ at sunset - the weather was excellent during your stay - perfect Aussie beach weather for the visiting Brits to enjoy!
We do hope you get the chance to return to our little piece of paradise again soon,
Lovely to have met you,
Best wishes,
Rachael (The Brummie's daughter!)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Great location on the waterfront and the staff were cheerful and helpful. We had booked an apartment that faced the road, but as a larger apartment facing the water was free they upgraded us for free. Weather was pretty atrocious but it was so comfy inside it didn't matter much. Recommending it to friends.

1 Thank Leigh F
Dear LeighF,
Thanks for your lovely review - I am so glad that you would recommend us to your friends, that is high praise indeed.
Thanks also for noting your complimentary upgrade - I hate to see those beautiful rooms empty when they can be enjoyed! Lucky you!
We sincerely hope that you are able to return to enjoy Seawall again some time in the future.
Kind regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at The Landing which has a balcony with partial sea view. The room was fantastic - clean, new and well maintained! Bed was comfortable and we love the high ceilings of the room which made it feel very spacious. The location of SeaWall is totally ideal, being away from the crowds at but yet a 5-10mins nice beach stroll to Jetty Road. I would totally stay here again in my next visits!

Room Tip: I prefer rooms with a decent window view, so The Landing would be a good recommendation for couples.
1 Thank zany23
Dear zany23,
Thank you very much for your great feedback. It is wonderful to hear that you had a relaxing holiday here at Seawall and would 'totally stay here again". We love to get such positive feedback and my team are just thrilled that you rated the quality and cleanliness of our little hotel so highly.
Thanks again for posting your thoughts for other travelers to see,
All the best,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Our stay was terrific despite the weather changing and strong wind and rain coming in. At least we experience good weather to start - enough to share a meal out on the deck overlooking the water. The next day we were forced inside (without a view) but at least the room was comfortable and warm. Really high ceilings and spacious studio apartment suited us. Only thing found wanting was a desk light - main lights lit the room well but the desk was in a dark corner and with the bed in the same room you had to have all lights on to work at the desk.
Shops are a bit down the road, which means you walk 10 mins - I take that as a plus - not in the middle of the crowds but close enough.
Will be back.

Room Tip: Ground floor makes access easy
1 Thank Revelation780
Thanks Revelation780 for taking the time to post your review.
We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the view and locale even though the weather was a bit wild during your stay. There is something magical about the beach on a stormy day so I am glad you could make the most of the situation!
Thanks for the advice about the need for a desk lamp - you are quite right. We have popped one on the table and it has made all the difference in The Stern.
Hope to see you again next time you are in Adelaide,
Kind regards,
Rachael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenelg
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel
Stamford Grand Adelaide
Atlantic Tower Motor Inn
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
Mayfair Hotel
Mayfair Hotel
#1 of 57 in Adelaide

Been to Seawall Apartments? Share your experiences!