“Beautiful, tranquil and peaceful!”
Review of Seawall Apartments

Seawall Apartments
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Glenelg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was my first time staying at Seawall Apartments, but I know it won't be my last. The staff are friendly, yet respect your space. The rooms in The Captain's Quarters were lovely light and bright. The best feature would have to be the spa looking out over the beachfront. Divine. Absolutely divine! The sound of the waves soothes the soul. The location is perfect, as you are not that far away from restaurants and the shopping precinct of Glenelg. I loved it and would recommend Seawall Apartments to any one wanting good quality accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2014
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you Tanya S for your kind review.
The Captain's Quarters is pretty fabulous and I hope you made good use of that awesome spa - the view from the bath down the beach in winter is just spectacular!
Thank you also for noting our discrete but professional service,
Rachael & The Seawall team

There are newer reviews for Seawall Apartments

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Seawall Apartments are located very near Glenelg Beach, just a minute's walk or less depending on which apartment you get. Very nice views of the sea. Restaurants and some shops including a big Coles supermarket are just a few minutes drive away.

The apartment is slightly aged though it gives it a nice character. The apartment is well furnished, clean and comfortable. The kitchen was also quite well equipped. My only small gripe is that there was just 1 toilet in the 3 bed-room apartment I booked.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor apartment, next to the beach. The back door leads directly to the pedestrian...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks esoeij for your kind review of your recent stay. So glad you found our wonderful seafront location ideal for you and your family.
We have 22 quite different apartments and 5 unique 3 bedroom apartments - most do have 2 bathrooms, hopefully next time we can find the perfect match for you! I can highly recommend the Beachside Balcony - 2 bathrooms, a 4 person spa bath, big, wide private balcony and bedding for 8 -next time hey?!
kind regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

First time staying here, very clean and comfortable apartments with everything we needed and great value. Great location by the beach and very close to restaurants. Car parking a bit tight but that is a very minor criticism.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks Anne B for your 5 out of 5 star review - we hope to see you again,
Best wishes,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We returned for our annual visit to Adelaide for June Log Weekend - and each year our party increases and we introduce new friends to this amazing venue. We had two apartments this year - The Beach House and The Boat House - and 3 and 4 bedroom apartment respectively which comes with a double deck where we BBQ'd in the winter sun and witnessed amazing sunsets over Glenelg Beach on our doorstep. These apartments are spacious, are beautifully appointed with all one needs to have a great visit. Walking distance to Jetty Road Shops, Holdfast Shores with all the restuarants, The Surf Club - terrific meals and again great view and picturesque walks along the beach whether you head to Glenelg North or South to Brighton. The staff are amazing and once again or thanks to Alan, Rachael, Jayne and Sophie...so looking forward to returning in 2015.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Always an absolute pleasure to have you here Katiegal! Did we decide this was the 7th year in a row?!!
The Beach House and Boat House were just perfect for your ever-expanding party - what a wonderful spot for a few fortifying glasses of Barossa red in the winter sun!
See you again next year if not before,
All the best,
Rachael & the Seawall Team x

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We found Seawall Apartments to be accommodating in every way.

Rachael worked with me to find a good solution in terms of which apartment would suit our needs...both before and after I had to change our travel plans.

The Olive Mews, itself, provided more space for my daughter and I to spread out than we would have had in, say, a twin bed hotel room. This meant that I could watch tv in the sitting room while my daughter read in her bedroom.

The accommodation, moreover, was spotless. It provided everything we needed (scissors, a variety of knives, pots and pans, microwave, stove top, full size fridge, etc.) to prepare meals and make coffee, as well as a generous supply of pillows and towels.

On both nights that we stayed, during the Queen's Birthday Long Weekend, we were able to park right in front of our accommodation without any dramas.

All in all, I'd be more than happy to stay at the Seawall Apartments again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thanks Donna B for your lovely review.
I am so glad that we were able to be flexible and find the perfect room for you and your daughter. It is nice to have space to spread out and relax - it sounds like The Mews was ideal for you.
Thanks also for mentioning our easy parking - free parking is pretty rare these days and we are happy to be able to provide it for your guests.
I will pass on your kind words about the high standard of cleanliness to our House keeping - they will be thrilled with the positive feedback.
Hope to see you next time you are in Adelaide,
Rachael, Jayne and Sophie

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Give Adelaide City apartments a miss. If you are looking at a self-contained apartment (with cooking and laundry facilities), beautiful sea view, easy walking distance to eating places and supermarkets (coles & woolsworth) that open till late, this shall be the choice.
I stayed in a 2 rooms apartment, huge enough for my 3 kids, with a spa in the apartment which the kids really love. Very clean rooms, there are even DVDs and a chess set to keep the kids occupied!
I nearly gave Glenelg a miss but am glad I didn't. I recommend this as a base for you to explore Adelaide, the hills and Victor Harbour is just about an hr's drive away. And really, when everything closes at 4pm, you will have more than enough time to drive back before it turns dark.

Room Tip: I stayed at Apartment 8 which did not have a view, do choose a room with a view, I believe it would...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Anna_WPY, Thanks for your wonderful review, we really appreciate the feedback.
It always amazes me how different we all are - Apartment 8 is our smallest 2 bedroom, but you felt it was huge for your family of 4 - great news!
I do love the polished floor boards and light and airy feel of the room though and I am glad to hear that you did too.
We are so lucky to be in such a wonderful location and I have to agree with you - why stay in the City when you can be sea aide and just a quick 20 minute car or Tram ride away from the CBD?
We hope to see you again next time,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great location, close to Glenelg. Nice enough but slightly old and shabby for the money we paid... we got the unit around the back in the carpark. Maybe some of the other units are a bit more impressive? From the photos, I was expecting to be wowed, so to be honest, was a bit disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts about your stay with us. Sorry to hear that you didn't love your apartment cmarie97. We have 22 quite different apartments, hopefully next time you will be wowed!
Thanks also for the compliments on our location -we are so very lucky to be in such a wonderful spot right on Glenelg beach, so close to the shopping and dining precinct on Jetty Road and the Holdfast Marina.
Rachael

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenelg
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel
Stamford Grand Adelaide
Atlantic Tower Motor Inn
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
Mayfair Hotel
Mayfair Hotel
#1 of 57 in Adelaide

Been to Seawall Apartments? Share your experiences!