“I Want To LIVE Here!”

Two Four Two Boutique Apartments
Kuching, Malaysia
“I Want To LIVE Here!”
Reviewed 23 April 2010

TWOFOURTWO is a lovely apartment accommodation located almost in the centre of Launceston. Created by local designer Alan Livermore, he beautifully decked out the space with some of the most exquisite pieces of furniture made from Tasmanian wood - some of it built by himself. It's a small business run by a husband-and-wife team with only three units of apartments for hire. Two of them are 1-BR apartments and another is a 2-BR one.

Everything is kept extremely clean. It has everything from a mini kitchen with a coffee machine, an iPod dock, a library full of DVDs and CDs and the softest bed I have ever lied on. WiFi Internet and Guest Laundry is entirely free. Breakfast is included, but you have to wake up early and make them yourselves. No complaints - if hungry, there's always Elaia restaurant next door and a Burger With Soul restaurant just across the road.

I absolutely LOVE the bathrub with the jacuzzi and bath soaps with mint aroma.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2010

We stayed at “The Terrace” apartment for 2 nights in March and just loved it. This one bedroom apartment was modern, very well appointed, clean and comfortable. The hosts Katie & Alan really have thought of everything that would make their guests comfortable.

The 2-level apartment was connected by a spiral staircase. A large bedroom and a bathroom (shower/bath/spa) occupy the top floor. The king size bed was very comfortable with a pillow menu on offer. It was great to find lovely Tasmanian toiletries in the bathroom together with fluffy bathrobes. There is a small balcony with a comfy chair.

A well furnished lounge and beautifully equipped kitchen occupy the ground floor. A double door opened to the terrace which was furnished with an outdoor table/bench and a granite top BBQ. In the kitchen was a wine rack with half a dozen bottle of wine from local boutique wineries for guest consumption (on pay as you use basis). It was great to see local small producers being promoted. The included breakfast provision was generous and the King Island yogurt was heavenly!

The apartment is conveniently located in Charles Street, with several restaurants in the vicinity including a fantastic French bakery Tant pourTant serving excellent coffee and croissants (best in Australia, claimed a local).

We chose TwoFourTwo based on reviews on TA and so glad we did! It was the best place we’ve stayed during our 2 weeks driving tour of Tasmania. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelmaker4
Colorado
Reviewed 20 February 2010

I stayed at TwoFourTwo for three nights in early February in The Terrace. I booked based on the TripAdvisor reviews and absolutely loved this place - I wish I could have stayed longer.

The downstairs and the outdoor areas were great for lounging and I loved the bathroom with the jetted tub. The kitchen had all of the glassware, pots and pans,coffee maker, etc. that you could possibly need along with high quality breakfast ingredients.

The Terrace is the room with the spiral staircase as other reviews have noted. I had a large bag as I was on an extended trip and I simply left it downstairs as it would have been difficult to drag up the staircase. It made for a few extra trips up and down the stairs but was really no problem.

In addition to lots of restaurants in easy walking distance and a grocery store just a couple of blocks down the road, there is a great gourmet deli and shop just around the corner on Canning Street called Delicacy that sells wine, cheese, meats and all kinds of potential gift items - I wish I would have discovered it before my last day!

The only bit of a negative was a noisy Saturday night due to nearby bars but I think this was worsened by the fact that it was very hot when I was there so I had all of the doors and windows open which allowed more sound in. But that would not keep me from staying here again or highly recommending it to others.

Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank mkedwards
Sydney
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Our original plan was to stay at Two Four Two only for 1 night as we arrived in Launceston late at night. We loved it so much we organised to stay again the night before flying out.
The owners are lovely and very friendly. They run the shop on the ground floor which had a great collection of wine and crafty things. They provided lots of helpful advice and were friendly to chat with without intruding.
This was the first night of our honeymoon and it was a great way to start our Tasmanian experience. We stayed in the 1 bedroom. The entrance stairs were challenging, but not a problem. The apartment itself was modern and really well layed out for the space with defined kitchen, lounge & bedroom areas. They had iPod docking station and a small selection of DVDs. The bedroom was spacious and the bed very comfy and clean. White sheets on the bed and white towels in the bathroom. The kitchen was fitted out perfectly with a breakfast basket, a selection of wines for purchase and a coffee machine. All pots & pans that would be needed.
The location is pretty good, although you would be a bit of a hike to the main mall. But there are shops just outside and a supermarket a block down. It's on a one way street which is a bit confusing to find if you arrive at night with no idea of Launceston, but well worth the adventure.
We honestly loved this place so much, we ended up buying the ottomans for our own home! Trust the website for this one. I will return and recommend it to all.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OutToDiscover
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 6 January 2010

We had a wonderful stay in the Terrace at Two Four Two in Launceston. Every amenity was provided, including ingredients to cook your own breakfast (not something we find in the USA). It was like having your own apartment and all the extras were there to make your stay enjoyable, including robes, dvds, magazines, travel info, pillow choices etc. For some, the spiral staircase could be awkward to negotiate with luggage but we loved the two level unit. Also check out the restaurant next door....for lunch we had a wonderful chorizo and shrimp pizza that I am still trying to recreate at home. You'll love the neighborhood charm and the concentration of restaurants within walking distance.....best area we found in Launceston.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kabahr
Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Two Four Two "saved" Launceston for us. Amazing apartment in a great location, more than enough in the way of provisions, in a stylish, comfortable home from home. Only criticisms - the spiral staircase is a bit challenging - I would imagine anyone with mobility issues would struggle and we felt the need to block the top of the stairs every night as they directly feed into the bedroom and we are both sleep walkers! I also found I had to spend a bit of time clearing away the numerous piles of magazines & nick nacks to make room for our travelling bits & bobs. I'm not a fan of clutter & felt it detracted from the style of the place. BUT, it was great to come home after a day of travel & walking and we loved our stay here - lovely bed, great towels & plenty of them. I also really appreciated the free laundry facilities. This place should be set up as an example to the rest of Launceston!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We stayed in the bakehouse with 2 children for 2 nights. Breakfast and all the extra's priovided were amazing. A really great place to stay in Launceston which I would highly recommend it to everyone including families with young children.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family