“OLD CAFE, NEW OWNER, TRY IT YOU WILL BE SURPRISED”
Review of Tasmanian Chocolate Studio - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tasmanian Chocolate Studio
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The Tasmanian Chocolate Studio, now known as the Mocha Cafe due to the prvious owners taking the Tasmanian Chocolate Studio name with them and leaving the new owner with The Mocha Cafe has superb chocolates. I congratulate the new owner in finding the new chocolates after hearing from a friend how the previous owner sold exclusive rights to his chocolates yet never produced them making the new owner having to source them elsewhere in a short time frame. I am glad he did as I have never tasted such a smooth decadent chocolate as the ones they now stock. I congradulate the new owner in taking the Cafe on and trying to learn from his errors considering this is a new line of work for him after running a succesful news agency for over 8 years.
I was told that the Cafe no longer existed but after looking into it further saw that this was just another rumour rumoured to try close the Cafe down. The new owner and the staff are learning as we all do but I have found every suggestion I have put forth to them, they have embraced. I was welcomed with open arms and the owner even finds the time to come over and say hello which I haven't experienced elsewhere. I wish the new owner all the best and recommend the Cafe to anyone asking as my kids love their hot chips and I love their soup. My kids love the kids play area and the time staff have taken interacting with them. I was informed a menu change will be taking affect in the future and the shop will be going under a decoration change to be even more inviting for the children in town. It sounded very exciting when discussing it with the new owner. I have no doubt when the new owner has the funds to take the Cafe to the next level he will so come on guys, lets support someone who has served us in town for years and always looked after us so he can give us the best Cafe in town as he did the News Agency.
10/10 in fighting on after getting left with broken equipment that has cost you thousands to fix I'm sure and you still never say a word and get the food out with a smile. Word travels fast and we are starting to see what you have been up against so we will support you whilst there and you can afford to change that retro 60's look into the modern look you so much want to do. We hate the colours too so lets help this owner out and help him create the Cafe we all want.

1  Thank cityreviewest

Reviewed 9 July 2011

This cafe used to be our regular family eatery with great food, extremely friendly service and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Since the new owners have taken over & renamed it, it has sunk into the lower ranks. The surroundings have been rearranged, so that we had to sit almost next to the drinks fridge door - mainly due to a strategically placed 'print your own business cards' machine - go figure???? The staff appeared dishevelled & preoccupied. The menu was the most disappointing aspect - gone were the always interesting /appetizing dishes & in their place was a bowl of hot chips,etc. If we wanted this type of food, we would have gone to a take-away. What a great shame for Lonnie.

Reviewed 4 June 2011

since my last reviwew the standard has dropped even lower than before.

Gone are the best scrambled eggs in Launceston.

Gone are the high quality coffee and chocolates.

Gone are the friendly and competent staff.

Gone are the faithful diners and their kiddies.

You do the maths....

Reviewed 23 March 2011

I used to be a regular here but recently went back after a long break. The service was very disappointing with a long wait for a takeaway coffee. It seemed to be forgotten by everyone and when I did get it- it was lukewarm... I wont be going back again. Its a shame as it is used to be great.

Reviewed 10 February 2011

This little gem of a cafe is a favourite of mine for its amazing scrambled eggs.

Yes, their chocolates are very good quality (I have taken them to a friend's birthday bash in Melbourne and everyone thought they were 10/10). But they also do amazing food and drinks.

I do however need to emphasis that the cafe has new owners.

The chocolates are still lovingly made by Simon and Yvonne but the food menu has been cheapened by the new owners not continuing to use the Black Forest Smallgoods (local boutique smallgoods) bacon and sausages. And the difference is very noticed by regular patrons. Hopefully they will see the error of their ways very soon.

Coffee and teas are very good and they also make a very good hot chocolate made with actual pieces of chocolate.

The cafe is very children friendly and is close to the centre of Launceston but hidden away in Cuisine Lane near the multi-level carpark.

If the chococolates and other goodies do not tempt you, their friendly but professional staff will entice you to come back time after time.

2  Thank IronchefAustralia