“Atmosphere, lovely food but...”

Brisbane Street Bistro
Ranked #5 of 332 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Phone No +61 (03) 6333 0888
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The evening started out well - we ordered cocktails and waited for them to arrive, eventually when our glass of water ran out (and was not refilled) and our entrees turned up, we asked where our cocktails were and if we could have more water.

The complimentary appetisers were a lovely surprise, mini bread rolls and a wicked tasting soup. Entrees of oysters and Crispy Pork Belly were delicious, as was the Beef Daube and Duck mains. However, while the Creme brulee tasted nice, it was quite runny.

Whilst there was a beautiful atmosphere to celebrate our Anniversary, the restaurant was not full, and with 3 front of house staff waiting on tables, I expect more from the restaurant considering its fine dining.

1  Thank Mamely

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Favourite place to celebrate birthdays or special occasions. Every bite is amazing and the wine food matching is spot on.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The service is fantastic, the food great and what a wonderful dining experience. If in Launceston make plans to have dinner here, it is worth it.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My partner and I have dined in some of the finest restaurants around the world, and I can honestly say Brisbane Street Bistro is up there with the best.
It’s everything you would expect from a top class restaurant, a large range of quality wines, exquisite menu to cater for most people's taste and lovely atmosphere to top the night off.
We highly recommend it.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My mother is currently visiting from Europe, so I decided to take her out for dinner. I knew, Brisbane Street Bistro was the perfect choice, so she could experience fresh Tasmanian produce at its best. As my mother loves seafood, we started our night with some fresh St Helens oysters with Vietnamese dressing. The oysters tasted as if they had been brought to the table straight from the ocean, dressed with some fresh ginger and are, by far, the best oysters I have had.
For entree, my mother had octopus and I had beetroot cured ocean trout, which can only be described as perfection on a plate. Jack, the waiter's, wine knowledge was very extensive and therefore we left it in his hands to match wines with our meals, which was one of the wisest choices I have made. The average wait staff will go as far as recommending white wine with seafood and red wine with meat, while Jack managed to improve each of our dishes (which I did not believe was possible!) by matching it with the perfect wine, while also explaining his choice to us.
For main, my mother and I both had the fresh market fish, which was blue-eye trevalla, served on potato mash. The lemon buerre blanc, served with the fish was beautiful and the chardonnay which the waiter had recommended, accompanied the trevalla perfectly. Even though our main courses were quite sizable and we were quite full, we had to try the chocolate brownie served with house-made peanut butter ice cream and the creme brulee. While I was eating dessert, I honestly felt like I could die now, as I have now tried the best thing this planet has to offer.

All in all, our night at Brisbane Street Bistro, was one of the best nights I have had in a long time with food to die for and exceptional service. I can only recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good food and fine wine, in a great atmosphere.