“Good all round hotel”

Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I have stayed here twice for work. Once in the Exec Queen Room, and once in a Std Queen Room. I will try to add photos of both rooms shortly.
The hotel is by no means new, but the rooms are quite comfortable with modern conveniences.
My exec room was large, had free internet and breakfast. The bathroom was new and very nice. There was loads of benchspace for my numerous toiletries/makeup, and was well planned for the traveller in layout. I was really pleased with the room. I like to see a clock radio, lights by the bed, adequate lighting, and my favourite - little biscuits to have my cup of tea. The tea was also Dilmah, not cheap caterer's blend. Extra blankets and pillows in the cupboards too, and room to put your stuff.
The Std room was still all of the above but smaller, no breakfast included or internet.
The breakfast is good - lots of variety, and there is some kind of home made muesli with proper honey stirred in, which is to die for.
It is right opposite St V's hospital, so if you're working there, you only have to cross the road.
There is also a nearby Coles. The main shopping area is also just a short walk. You can walk to Cataract Gorge also, but it's about 30 mins one way, however well worth it.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I've recently returning from 2 weeks in Tassie and on writing reviews for Trip Advisor, I've saved this one for last. I must say I was disappointed in the Colonial, because I was expecting so much more than we got.
It was raining heavily when we arrived, and after check in, got soaked going to our room. It was obvious my wife and I aren't spring chickens but despite this we were given a room that was on the 3rd, and top, floor. So what? you ask. Well there aren't any lifts in this place and carrying luggage in from the rain and up 2 flights of stairs in a modern hotel in a busy city, just isn't on...not these days.
Once there, we discovered all sorts of minor problems with the room too. Little things like light bulbs blown, limited space down the side of the bed (my wife's side luckily). Collapsed springs in the protruding and easily sit onable corner of the bed.
But the best bit was the WC bowl. in an effort to modernize with limited space available, it is stuck in a corner and up against the shower wall, meaning nobody can sit on the thing straight. To top it off the toilet roll holder is on the other side of the room and behind the WC. Very uncomfortable.
It was still raining when we checked out so, guess what, we got wet again.
This place isn't cheap either. On comparison its charges are getting up there, which makes our stay even less satisfactory.
I usually attach photos to my reviews, but I was so unimpressed with this stay I couldn't be bothered to even take any.
Would I stay here again, probably not. Not unless it was a ground floor room that was better laid out and maintained. But definitely not in room #303

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TheMoruya2
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Recently stayed for business function, The facilities are well presented, clean and modern, beautiful gardens fabulous food and the staff excellent!- I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Will stay again.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The rooms at this hotel have nearly everthing you could want and have been renovated and updated since I last stayed. There is also a gym if you are feeling fit and a restaurant where an excellent breakfast is served. The staff are friendly and helpful
There are good 2 night specials available

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last 2 months in different rooms and both have been renovated and modernised. The bathrooms are a mix of excellent and horrible - the showers - excellent, I would gladly have one in my own home. The rest of the bathroom (particularly the toilet) is horrible - I had to use both hands to push what is a really weird flush on the wall.

The rest of the room is standard country accommodation - comfortable, but not outstanding.

Reception is excellent and really knows their product. Room service is great and comes from the pub that is attached to the hotel. I can't remember the name of it, but I ate in the restaurant one night and had room service the other 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pub as the music stays on until 11pm
1  Thank Anasatasia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I attend Launceston show each year due to bussiness commitments i usually stay at other accomadation but decided to have a change resided at the quality hotel over 2 nights and was very impressed with the room and facilities and the cleaniness of the overall accomadation we had breakfast and very happy and empressed with the lovely atmosphere, @ presentation and cleaniness of the dining room and friendly staff. Got to go and try the pancake machine out for fresh homemade pancakes.A credit to the owner ((-:

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My partner and I stayed here for our anniversary.
We stayed in the "Marilyn Monroe" room which is the one bedroom loft apartment. Our stay was perfect.
The staff were friendly and super helpful.
The room was amazing! (It made the night more special.)
It had a cosy but elegant feel to it. Our room was spotless with the most comfortable bed.
We will be returning for sure ! :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple