“Easy Walk to Downtown”

Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Santa Barbara, CA
“Easy Walk to Downtown”
Reviewed 9 March 2009

We arrived in Launceston and went to the Information Center to find a hotel. The Country Comfort was recommended to us. The rooms were quite comfortable, clean and the breakfast in the morning was good. We liked the fact that we could walk from the hotel to the downtown area in about 5 minutes, where we had dinner. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The best part is the room was less than $100 per night.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SBCATraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2009

Sorry about not reviewing this hotel before now (I stayed there Feb 2006!), but I had forgotten about it until I saw it again when looking on Google Street View. Now it's all come back to me. Plus I was tempted to do so when I saw the operator's response to postings, as they have done here.

Now to my experience.......We needed a hotel before putting family on an early flight out of Launceston back to Canada. We liked it's location overlooking the valley, and the room was spacious enough for the 4 of us. Even though our room was next to York Street (a pretty busy road) the room was quiet. The driveway is STEEP but easily negotiated, just look out when pulling out onto the main road.

I'm sure the room was clean, otherwise we would not have stayed. I had to get up at the crack of 4am to take two members of the family to the airport so they missed breakfast but I came back and my daughter and I enjoyed the fine array of breakfast grub.

According to other posters it seems that the operation has changed hands since 2006, but I'm sure that the bricks and mortar are still the same. Book with confidence, I'm sure that you will enjoy.

TIP: "The Gunner's Arms" is a good pub close at hand (10 mins walking distance, down the hill) at the corner of Cimitiere and Lawrence Streets.

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank curlermon
Sydney
Reviewed 10 February 2009

Stayed here early feb for one night on my way to the start of the overland track. Decided to stay here based on previous reviews.

Overall the hotel was good value for money. Interestingly this place changed ownership a few days before my arrival.

POSITIVES

Everything in the bedroom and bathroom was clean.
The hotel is located in a nice part of Launceston.
The staff were friendly.
Because i was travelling by myself i chose to have dinner and breakfast here. The meal was good quality home cooking at a reasonable price.
Some reasonably good views.
Nice and quiet.

NEGATIVES

I had no major issues with this place.
The entry to the hotel and carpark are on a somewhat steep slope so I would not recommend this place for anybody who cannot handle a sloping ground.
If I was on a romantic getaway, I'd recommend one of the great looking b and b's in the vicinity.
Room furniture is a bit outdated but I only paid $110 for my room so can't expect too much.

Overall this place represented good value for money, hence my rating of 4/5.

Graham

• Liked — Cleanliness, restaurant, location
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Holidaylad40
Forestville, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2008

On arrival staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and modern. Eastern side of Launceston walking distance to shops and parks.
Hotel restaurant opens Monday to Friday. Breakfast 7 days - full english. The cook believes that food should taste just like home cooking. On arrival at the hotel I was met with the smell of a roast cooking. All meals are cooked from scratch - no microwave! The only dispointment was the meals were so large that I didn't have room for dessert!
Highly recommended for a very pleasant stay.

1 Thank Tracey164
CoachHouseLaunceston, Owner at Comfort Inn Coach House, responded to this review, 14 December 2008
A very high priority on the wish list of the traveling public is being able to enjoy a great meal on site without having to dress up and travel outside.

Added to that is they don't normally want a large plate, large price and a very decorative small "pretty" meal. We provide a great value for money taste experience.

It is simply part of the service! Bon Appetit!

Gail & Peter Hosts
Isle of Skye
Reviewed 4 October 2008

My first experience of Australian Hopitality and what a good example.
I arrived quite late on a wet and windy evening but the receptionist was friendly and helpfull and made me feel welcome at the hotel..
I stayed at the hotel 6 days and could not complain about anything.
Though the hotel was on a hill it was a fairly short and easy walk to the town centre where there were plenty of restaurants and bars.
I couldn't single out one member of staff as being better than an another all were brilliant.
I hope to go back to Tassie and the Country comfort will be the only hotel on my list.

• Liked — The fantastic staff
  • Disliked — The shower gel was a bit feminine for a hairy Highlander
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
3 Thank Skyelander174
CoachHouseLaunceston, Owner at Comfort Inn Coach House, responded to this review, 3 November 2008
Hi to Skye!

The biggest buzz we get is for people to have enjoyed our company and that we were able to contribute to their experience.

That can't be achieved unless the total experience has been memorable and we are pleased to have played our small part.

It should be remembered that we are all Ambassadors for our respective Countries [us through what we can do to help, and you through your conduct while abroad].

In this instance both Countries are that much the richer for the conduct, interaction, and experience of the other!

You too are a great ambassador in that regard! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our lovely little corner of the World.

Hobart Tasmania
Reviewed 23 July 2008

The Coach House is an outstanding example of owners who care about the experience that their guests have. Front reception greeted me in a genuine friendly manner and the experience just improved when I got to my room. The room was spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The furnishings are very pleasant and the bed was a joy to sleep in. The pillows were great (this is one of my private bug bears - ordinary pillows), and the mini bar offered a vast array of items. I am looking forward to visiting again.

• Liked — The whole room was very comfortable
  • Disliked — Nothing that I didn't like
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank byza2329
CoachHouseLaunceston, Owner at Comfort Inn Coach House, responded to this review, 29 July 2008
byza2329, we are blown away by your comments.

Good service is expected [and so it should be] and therefore most guests who stay and enjoy the experience don't bother to take it further to the benefit of others which is a pity.

We are absolutely delighted that you saw fit to share your experience.

sydney
Reviewed 18 May 2008

Very clean and comfortable.
Excellent value.
Pleasant service.
Considerably better than it looks from the outside.

• Liked — The quality of the room furnishings,bed linen and amenities
  • Disliked — Outside appearance of hotel.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
CoachHouseLaunceston, Owner at Comfort Inn Coach House, responded to this review, 23 May 2008
We have privately emailed you asking for suggestions re upgrading external appearance. We have done all that Council, By-Laws, Landlords, [and budget], etc. will allow and we look forward to your input however we are always looking for fresh ideas.

Separately, we are absolutely thrilled that you found us to be exactly what you wanted and that your stay was a rewarding experience because that is our purpose.

Further improvements [including 80cm digital T/V's are coming] so we don't rest on our laurels. We are very pleased with your response and hope we may see you again.

Kindest Regards