Country Club Tasmania
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Edenholme Grange(Launceston)
Auldington(Launceston)
  • Restaurant
The Old Bakery Inn(Launceston)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf courseterrace restaurantlinks restaurantmanor suitefree valet parkinghorse ridingwater gardengolf viewplay golftennis courtschoice of restaurantsindoor poolbuffet breakfastminute drivegreat place to stayroom servicespa bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Good location, it's just 15 minutes drive from Launceston airport and close to the city. Valet parking is quite good and the bell boys helped us with our bags w/o even having to ask for it.

Room was good and facilities were great, my wife loved the bathroom, jet shower and spa. Bathrobes were a really nice touch and overall, it's a good place to stay for a few days and relax. TV set was outdated though and image was not that great.

Customer service needs to improve a lot:

I requested flowers and chocolates for my wife upon arrival since it was her birthday, but they managed not to arrange it at all despite me emailing my request and credit card details.

Also, I came down with some fever and requested some Panadol from reception. They engaged in a long argument about Panadol being a drug and them not being allowed to give it away for free. When I asked how much would the charge be, I got told best thing was for me to go to the Chemist (on a public holiday!!). Customer service is all about helping a customer but in this occasion they did not. I didn't feel like a valued customer.

Room Tip: Request rooms facing the golf course. It a good view with a pond and ducks swimming on it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roberto_Calero
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a great stay! everything we asked about was never too much. Staff were friendly and helpful and rooms were big and clean. Pool was great to relax in in the evenings. Plenty of wildlife around to see. Would stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We recently stayed late October at the Country club Tasmania, booking direct with the hotel. The impression we gained from the information we had read and looked at about this hotel, was that the hotel was set in large grounds made up of gardens and a golf course. This is all true, only we didn't realise there was a casino situated right in the hotel it's self. We found this very distracting and tacky, it was located in the main building right near the entrance of the hotel and was very busy at the weekend with the general public. This was not the sort of atmosphere I was expecting from a hotel that marketed itself as a country golf club. As you may guess we are not lovers of casino, gambling types of places, so the hotel/casino was not really our bag. The rooms were of a fairly decent standard, we were told they had been refurbished, but we found they were a tad tired in places. The bathroom was tiny! The loo was located tight up right behind a door, so quite a squeeze! The rooms were serviced daily, but vacuuming of carpets,(which were dirty in our room) and dusting of furniture did not feature in this visit. Only bath towel change and waste bins emptied. The building generally looked ok from a distance, but don't look too close and you may be disappointed.
The staff were ok, but we did have a problem with our bill, BEFORE we arrived at the hotel. We had paid in advance for the Three night stay direct with the hotel, but after checking my credit card purchases before our holiday, I found that the hotel had made two requests for payment off our credit card, in advance of our stay! The first was for the correct amount, the second for a similar amount again, that was then held on my card for seven days after the request was made. When I contacted the hotel, they said they had no information held regards the second amount? But our bank confirmed that it was the country club casino that had made the request, and confirmed this with a transaction number for the request. So beware and keep a close eye on your credit card payments! All in all, we were ready for a move after three nights at this hotel, 5/10.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We pick this location off the internet and can say it was one of the better places we stayed over our three week stay in Tasmania. All the staff were helpfull and the restaraunt good value for money and my wife had special requests for food which they looked after with zero fuss. Would recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a grand old lady of Launceston accommodation. Plenty of space in our room; very quiet; excellent service from all staff. We loved it all and will be back for longer next time. Although this property is situated slightly out of the city, it allows easy and quick access to all the city sights.

We could not fault the attention of the staff - on the morning of departure, our car waiting for us on the forecourt and everyone was extremely professional and friendly. Well done to the staff training regime.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple