Edenholme Grange
The Sebel Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Restaurant
Peppers Seaport Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$143
US$98
US$68
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Restaurant
Balmoral on York(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$80
Country Club Tasmania(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$113
Official Website
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$110
Country Club Villas(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$127
Hotwire.com
US$106
US$99
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 November 2013

One of the reasons that I chose this was the fact that it stated 'gay friendly', yet when we checked in I got a strange look and asked if we wanted twin beds. When I replied no, I got an "oh". The reception area looks like the a cluttered collection desk of an neglected library. Dusty and chaotic. The owner was nice enough, giving us the local history but I cringed when we got to our room. It did not offer the charm that the pictures promised and it felt more like an obligitory visit to an old realtives house (where you couldn't wait to leave!)
The rooms were NOT clean. Floors not swept and there were dust bunnies and cobwebs. I looked under the tv stand for a pen I dropped and almost screamed. There was some discarded fabric pins on the dining room table and just not clean. I opened the worn out curtains to a view of junk and a badly neglected overgrown garden.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jbokland
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

A colleague and I attending a conference in Launceston stayed at Edenholme for two nights. Lovely place, so much to look at and explore, beautiful roses (obviously well cared for) in the gardens and really pleasant surrounds. Paul looked after us well, the rooms were good, the bed comfortable. It was a really good last minute find for us. We had a rental car so that we could get around and it was nice to come back from work on the two evenings to Edenholme. It was such a surprise to see the place tucked away at the end of a street in the midst of suburbia. That too added to its charm. Lovely place. Well worth staying there.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights but the best 3 nights....waking up to a great continental breakfast...everything so fresh even the fruit salad...Thanks Paul. The history of the hotal - WOW!!! Definetly come again.
S & T Leonard

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I on our honeymoon stayed here. We were led into a overly cluttered reception and then were led to our spa apartment which wis basically an old garage converted into a room. Outside of this room was junk and crap everywhere! The bathroom window had no blind or curtain and was quite easy to look into. A curtain to cover one of the windows was a piece of material stapled to a wall. The pictures on the website were nothing like what it looked like and the location was not at all what was expected. For the price it was terrible and would not reccomend it at all! There was dust and cobwebs everywhere!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank mt0353
Reviewed 10 September 2013

After spending two weeks in Tassie, staying at 4 different accommodations,(as I write we are in another 100 yrs old house, but very different - more modern interior). However my hubby and I always think back to our two nights in Edenholme, We loved the experience of the old house, and Paul wonderful collection of antiques which suited the house perfectly. We took the house for what it was "old" 132 years, Paul told us of its history, which fascinated us, it was built by a retired sea captain.. Paul told of its history after that, and that is was left derelict and run down. Paul has done a great job in renovating the old house; Not an easy job, but we were impressed. I booked Edenholme because it was an old house - It didn't disappoint us.
If you are looking for sterile living like a motel, don't go to Edenholme, if you want an experience of staying in an old house with 1800's atmosphere, its the place to stay. I am surprised at some of the complaints - Its an experience!! Having Gone to Port Arthur straight after Launcestion, Edenholme fitted in well with History of the 1800's and gave the feel of that time. I hive it Five points because, It gave the experience I was looking for. Thanks Paul, Look after the old lady, she deserves it!!!! Shez and Tone

Room Tip: Depends in what you are looking for? We wanted a four post bed. Paul let us look at the other rooms, Any would be great. Our room was off the side, but entered into the dining room; if you have trouble with stairs and steps, avoid it, and shower over the bath. However the closed in Varandah was nice. Remember, its an old house, be prepared for imperfections, after 132 yrs its still standing! Ask Paul of its history.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple