“The best holiday apartment we have stayed!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Launceston
Forest Road Apartments
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had lovely stay at the Forest Rd Apartment 92C. The apartment is well equipped with everything you need (just feel like home). The view is really beautiful. The host is also very helpful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 3 January 2014

As someone who grew up in Launceston, I thought I knew all the good spots. We've also stayed in numerous places in Launceston over the years, but had never come across FRA. While on the outside, the apartments look a little out of date, and indeed on the inside, they are a work in progress, there is plenty to rave about, from the views to the raspberry muffin mix ready to make. Plenty of space to spread out, (we stayed in Apartment C, which is the biggest), lots of utensils, cooking space and tools. We enjoyed the fudge... very nice touch. I'd highly recommend FRA. The only problem we had was with parking on street, where our hire car was side swiped, leaving us an expensive bill to pay. A not so nice Christmas present to wake up to. The moral of that story is beware. The other apartments have off street parking, so you won't have a problem if you are not staying in C.

Room Tip: Forest Road is a narrow and busy, so be mindful of the on street parking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

After an evening flight from Melbourne, we were gratified to reach this apartment with the amazing view (my partner immediately asked me: "Is this apt expensive?"). The apt is very well-equipped for EVERYTHING and we love it! I baked muffins for the very first time (thanks to the recipe and ingredients provided) and my family loved those even though they were a bit burnt (entirely my fault). Thanks, Jo, for making our Launceston experience wonderful...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ariel_Belle
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My first encounter with Jo was through the email and was very impressed by her immediate response to my enquiry and so I decided to book the apartment for my stay in Launceston. I am glad I chose Forest Road Apartments as it is really different from other apartments that we have stayed elsewhere. Everything is well thought out and provided for the guests such as information on where the nearest supermarket is, where to order food and nearby restaurants, books, art and craft supplies and toys. There is ample supplies for self catering and even a laptop and printer for the guests. We are very impressed how the apartment is so well managed even with so much extras provided. The view from the balcony is superb.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We and our kids have stayed in bnbs n holiday apartments all over Australasia, America and Europe. The experience that Jo provides for a family with kids has been the most special so far and the best value for money. Playing with the bunnies and chooks was a highlight. Ingredients for the kids to make their own raspberry muffins in an idiot proof way were supplied as were delightful craft materials which my daughter had great fun scrap booking with. The apartment is spacious, very near town, has fabulous views and Jo has thought of absolutely everything including detailed instructions for finding and using everything. She even went to the trouble of booking horse rides for the kids on our request and when she saw we had clothes to dry, volunteered to bring them to her dryer and folded them herself after they were done. We have come to the end of our 2 weeks in Tassie having stayed in 5 different places and Forest Road is clearly a cut above the rest.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My family is still raving about Forest Road even after our vacation...it is a perfect & happy stay: feels so at home with every area of need well considered and provided. A lovely surprise for my two boys having to mind the bunnies and chooks too! We ended up spending more time at this sweet place than checking out the attractions around Launceston. Wifi, splendid views of Tamar river.

Room Tip: we stayed at 92C
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed ( 2 couples) Nov 13 and found this a delightful place to stay. Very comfortable, clean and homely. Jo the host has thought of everything you could need. We enjoyed free range eggs from her chickens and made scrumptious muffins from ingredients provided. All over a nice homely spacious place to stay.
Linda B