We booked a fair way in advance for our rooms - paying extra for a river view.
We were only staying here because the very early shuttle bus for our hike picks up from this hotel only. They do offer a slight discount to walkers.
Apart from a slight mix up during the initial booking, our stay left us with a '..eh' feeling. We felt like we were treated less cordially than the other guests (who were dressed in business suits rather than our hiking pants and boots!)
Even though we had booked several months in advance it was still a bit annoying to see we hadn't received a balcony room, (we assumed all river view rooms came with one) which meant we might as well have saved ourselves money, you cannot enjoy the view looking through a window.
At the end of our hike we returned to the hotel and asked if we could please have a room with a balcony as we'd like to sit outside and actually enjoy what we paid extra for - we were told that the hotel was full and there were no available rooms.
Right then a businessman walked up to the counter and was told that he had been upgraded to their premium suite for the night and to enjoy his stay. Awkward...
Nothing against the hotel if you are travelling on business, there are several nice restaurants nearby (Salsa especially was great) and it was nice to walk along the boardwalk. However if we had our time over again we would try to find somewhere not so business-orientated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Seaport Hotel offers modern, waterfront accommodation. Situated at the heart of Launceston's Old Seaport Dock area, the hotel is surrounded by restaurants and cafes offering a good choice of fine food and more casual dining. Just a short walk from Launceston's town centre and 15 minutes drive from Launceston Airport the hotel is built in the shape of a ship on the site of an old dry dock. The hotel exudes a stylish, contemporary design with a distinct nautical feel, accentuated by the extensive use of natural timbers and muted ocean tones. Accommodation includes deluxe rooms and suites with views overlooking the Esk River or the historic town and the mountains beyond. Guest room facilities include air conditioning, hairdryer, STD/ISD phone systems, fax/modem telephone lines, broadband internet access, tea & coffee making facilities, minibar, TV, mini-stereo, clock radio, complimentary bathroom amenities and iron and ironing board. If you are staying in a Suite there are additional facilities including DVD player, desk & chair, large refrigerator, bar stools, armchair, lounge with sofa bed, fully equipped kitchen with microwave & dishwasher, washing machine, dryer and all our suites feature a balcony. Of an evening tantalise your taste buds with an exquisite dining experience at Mud Bar and Restaurant serving an eclectic mix of cuisines from around the world. To accompany your meal indulge in superb Tasmanian wines while admiring captivating Tamar Valley views. Adventures further afield include the impressive Cataract Gorge, the famous James Boag brewery and if youre a wine lover, Launcestons Tamar Valley, home to one of Australia's major cool-climate wine growing regions. The hotel makes an ideal accommodation base for a weekend away, short break or romantic escape and is a great base for exploring the Tamar Valley either by car or by river cruise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Seaport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Seaport Launceston
- Hotel Peppers Seaport
- Peppers Seaport Hotel Launceston, Tasmania