Hideaway on George
Batman Fawkner Inn(Launceston)
Commodore Regent(Launceston)
Waratah on York(Launceston)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bcooked breakfastusual placecentre of townoff street parkingexcellent showerhot and cold breakfaststeep drivebacon and eggsbreakfast room isfollowing morningstaff were welcomingground floorupstairs roomtown clockbig bathroomnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Five minutes walk from the centre of town, this B&B is excellent value. It is set back from the street so it is quiet and has plenty of parking spaces.My room was sparkling clean, comfortable and warm. Breakfast was good though let down by pretty ordinary coffee. Staff were friendly and helpful. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room not above the kitchen/dining room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights in unit 2. This property has real potential but feel it has become a little run down by owner of 7 years. The courtyard at our unit was a disgrace. . Would say has not been swept or any sort of maintenance in months. Noticed on another balcony area outdoor furniture table had rotted. Carpet needed cleaning - even spot clean would help. Gardens need maintenance. Laundry done on site and that is a bit of an eye sore to see that on way to reception/breakfast room.
Rooms are excellent size and if you choose a suite with lounge it is very comfortable. All in all good value but a shame that the "care" factor has disappeared.

Room Tip: Room 2 satisfactory.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Really, this is good value for money and walking distance to the town centre. Cheeky little hill on way back at the accomodation itself.
No welcome except a key in the envelope outside the office...was after 5 though.
Lovely freshly cooked breakfast and local newspaper to mull over. Staff great. Very pleasant outlook from the breakfast room.
Cleanliness was good. My only negative observation was the bathroom venetion blind didn't shut properly and the towels were thin. Otherwise ideal for a few nights stay.

Room Tip: I had a delux room because I wanted a courtyard. Having been there I might opt for a room with balcony overlooking Launceston...but then they'd be stairs to drag luggage up.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014

What a great B & B, we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the Loft and we had a wonderful view of the city. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It is in town so very handy and easy walk to look around. We even walked to where we had dinner. We wished we could've stayed for another night. The loft was very comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities and 2 beautiful chairs to sit in also there were 2 window seats. The breakfast was great and also you could choose just cereal and toast or and cooked breakfast. We would definitely stay there again and great value for money.

Room Tip: If you don't mind walking up stairs and want a great view definitely book the loft.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I normally avoid bed and breakfast accommodation. I prefer the privacy of a hotel or apartment. I could not find such in Launceston so booked into Fiona's reluctantly.
And am very glad I did. Fiona's is in fact a little mews arrangement with various types of accommodaton set around a quiet courtyard with plenty of parking,
My room was a well laid out and nicely decorated spotlesslessly clean and quiet.Free wifi and free breakfast. The breakfast was hearty and when I got distracted by reading at the table the waitress offered to cook me a fresh one!
The location is great, near to centre of town.
I will be returning for and with pleasure next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business