What can one say but how much more miss leading information can I find on this place.
So let me try and educate others so they don't fall into the same trap as I did. I stayed in the Self-contained Unit and the information I will provide will relate directly back to their web site and what they claim.
1. owners are rude and unhelpful and every time I had to go to reception with a question/concern I was made to feel like an ungrateful guest and the only time I saw anyone smile was when we checked out. ( happy to have our money ) real faulty towers stuff here.
2. The room was damp and unventilated with mould growing on the curtains (so much for climate control systems as advertised ). They advertise an ensuite, but in reality no such thing unless you call the bathroom upstairs near the kitchen an ensuite. Banister rails on the stair well very unsafe for younger children ( if the width still passes OH&S regulations I would be surprised ) And carpet that looks like it has not had a clean in years.
3. They advertise a indoor heated pool in reality the ambient air temp was warmer than the water and maybe they should advertise it as a polar pool. And stay away from the spa we used it on the last night and I drove all the way back to Hobart with 3 kids with gastro.
4. The guest laundry was a joke they must have over 30 rooms available but only 2 washing machines and 2 dryers for usage.
5. The wifi usage would keep dropping out and constantly needed to be re-booted and to maintain the connection was almost impossible.
In short if this is all you can get you have been warned as in my personal point of view I would rather stay home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the Village Family Motor Inn. Conveniently located only five minutes from the city of Launceston and fifteen from the airport. You'll enjoy the clean and comfortable accommodation, restaurant and bar overlooking Launceston and the Tamar river. Children under 12 stay free...Games room, playground, heated spa and indoor pool. Choose from motel rooms (continental breakfast included), or 2&3 bedroom self-contained units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Family Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Family Motor Inn Launceston, Tasmania