“Good position”

Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Belmont
“Good position”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in two bedroom apartment, plenty of space for 4 people. Two bathrooms made stay more comfortable. Great position handy to town center habour and restaurants. Stayed in room 222 which overlooked loading bay do not stay Sunday night as rubbish collected early Tuesday morning.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
SebelTas, General Manager at The Sebel Launceston, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thankyou dmorr for your comments on your stay.
I am happy you found the style of our 2 bedroom apartments suited your needs.
Being a cbd hotel we do have some situations which we have to manage from time to time with garbage collection from neighbouring businesses being one. We do try and communicate with them about the noise and the time of the day for collection to avoid disruption. If you are staying again, please feel free in contacting the hotel if you have any specific wishes.
The Sebel Launceston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Blair Athol, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Enjoyed our stay at The Sebel Launceston. The location is central and within walking distance to food and entertainment venues. The room itself was generally clean, very spacious and the bed was more than comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thankyou Rodders333 for your comments posted on your stay.
I am very happy you found the hotel suited your needs and hope you have the chance to visit again.
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed in a One Bedroom Superior Suite at The Sebel Launceston. This place has a lot going for it. It is centrally located (but reasonably quiet), its comfortable and well appointed. We found all staff to be helpful and pleasant. Dinner at their Market Square restaurant was great. But....there was one negative thing.
Its a bit embarrassing to say but the toilet arrangement is woeful. The toilet is enclosed in a small separate room with no vents or exhaust fan. Consequently, the only way to ventilate it is to leave the toilet door open which then allows unpleasant odours to pervade the rest of the suite! It is a building design fault, not management's fault so I suppose there is not much that can be done about it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ArJay2014
SebelTas, General Manager at The Sebel Launceston, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thankyou ArJay2014 for taking the time to post a response on your stay.
I am happy you enjoyed the service and condition of the hotel.
Some of our rooms do have that formation with the separate toilet to the bathroom. It is a design issue and one we want to keep in mind when we plan any major refurbishments to the rooms in the next 12-18 months or so.
Paris
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Recently spent 3 nights in a 1 bedroomed suite at The Sebel in Launceston.

Must say my partner and I very much enjoyed our stay.

Check in was quick and smooth with the lady at reception being polite and friendly. Room was of a high standard with a wonderful bathroom (separate shower & spa bath), bed was super comfy and not just 2 twins zip locked. It was well furnished and had a great balcony attatched.

Negatives I would have were the kitchen equipment. There is a kitchenette but lack of decent bowls and other small bits. Also the sofa was very small and not comfortable. A small minor matter however.

Location is just a few mins away from the centre of town and it's next door to the transit centre for those arriving by bus.
Would return for sure to this great hotel.

Room Tip: Food in restaurant and room service is both wonderful and well priced. Wait staff are also lovely.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thankyou Anna B for your feedback.
I am delighted on the whole you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your comments to the housekeeping team to ensure all rooms are stocked sufficiently and can assure you that this was an oversight,
I hope you have the chance to visit again.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was greeted at the front desk by a reasonably friendly staff member who checked me in quickly. As a Le Club Gold member, I requested a room upgrade and was told I had a great room - no upgrade, but I'm happy with a great room. The staff member then gave me a bottle of water - my complimentary water as a Le Club Gold member. I was a bit surprised that this was handed to me instead of being left in my room?
I took the lift up to the first floor and found my room at the far end of the corridor. It was a large room, a suite with a small lounge and kitchenette and a disabled bathroom. I took a quick look at the balcony and saw that I overlooked an alley way that services a bus depot and a warehouse. This was not brilliant, semi trailers and buses driving past my room with the driver (and passengers) eyes at the same level as my room.
I had a pretty rough sleep - partly because of the trucks and buses, but also because of the town clock bells going off every hour 2, 3, 4, 5am.
The bar staff were pleasant and did a great job of talking about Tasmania's great whiskys and breakfast was pretty good too.
I'd be hesitant to stay again due to the room, but there's not a massive list of options in Launceston - if I stay again I'll certainly ask for a different room.

Room Tip: Avoid any room that overlooks the alleyway, especially on the first floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thankyou Natbrown75 for your feedback on your stay.
I am sorry for your experience and I can assure you we do place a very high importance on a Le Club visitors.
We are a cbd hotel with rooms on all sides of the building. At times of high occupancy we do have to use every room with the features of all rooms very similar.
In addition we do have the town clock as a permanent structure of Launceston for over 100 years a few blocks up the road and does chime on the hour.
Like other cbd hotels experience, it can be audible for light sleepers. We are happy to suggest a room on the other side of the hotel if this suits our guests better.
I do hope you have the chance to visit us again when staying in Launceston.
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Sebel. The staff were very friendly from checkin, room service to the cleaners in the hall way. All parts of our stay ran smoothly. Our room was large, modern and most importantly spotless. The location was great, an easy walk into town and local attractions. The gym was too small to be of much use but all other amenities were fantastic. We will stay here again

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thankyou DigbyDp for your comments.
I am very happy you found our hotel, condition of the room as well the service to your liking.
We look forward to welcoming you back at some stage soon.