Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Balmoral on York(Launceston)
Commodore Regent(Launceston)
View Hotel
All reviewsmarket squareseparate toiletclock towerone bedroom suiteundercover parkinglight sleeperwashing machine and dryerliving arearoom servicecataract gorgeroom was spaciousper nightsmall balconyhotel restaurantfirst floorevery houroverland track
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Check in was slightly slower than usual as the receptionist was dealing with the phone calls coming in to the hotel, guest service phone calls, another guest looking for directions and myself,having said that I was checked in and in my room in a little over 15 minutes.
I have stayed here on numerous occasion and have always enjoyed myself. The apartment style rooms are well appointed and always immaculately clean.
The restaurant serves excellent food. I had a room service steak ordered medium rare, and it turned up as exactly that.
The parking could be an issue for some, the ground level parks fill up very quickly and i do not know if their is overflow any higher up. They parks are also very narrow and i have had to extract myself very cautiously from my car on more than one occasion. It is probably time for the hotel to paint some of the higher traffic areas in the hallways and the room doors as they are starting to show some signs of wear.The hair dryer was good and the bed although firm, was very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
SebelTas, General Manager at The Sebel Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thyankyou Adrian M for this feedback on your stay.
I am delighted you enjoy the facilities, service and restaurant offerings and the Sebel Launceston.
We have had a very busy high season and we are now in that time where we can attend to the hotel again. In the past 3 weeks we have laid new carpets in the restaurant and foyer and re-upholstered the lounge furniture. We have also commenced our detailed room by room maintenance plan that we conduct over the slower months. This includes all the items you mentioned and is nescessary for all hotels to monitor.
I hope you have a chance to return soon and see the changes.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have stayed at the Sebel, Launceston several times over the last 12 months. On every visit we have found the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel excellent. The meals served in the in-house restaurant are always of high quality and service friendly and efficient.
We have always found that the staff at the hotel are one of its best asset. They always greet you with a smile and go out of their way to assist you and cater for your needs.
All of our stays at the Sebel have exceeded our expectations and we always look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear of the hotel have an outlook over to the Cataract Gorge.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thankyou Richard P for taking the time to post a response on your stay.
I will pass your comments on to the entire team. It is very much appreciated receiving this feedback.
I hope you have a chance to return soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nice and very convenient hotel, good and easy walking distance to all things worth seeing in Launceston. Will stay there again, not to shabby at all. Nice and friendly staff as well. Having the parking for just a few dollars is very convenient as well as the free WiFi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SebelTas, General Manager at The Sebel Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thankyou Bojangles1954 for your feedback.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the facilities and service met all your needs.
I hope you have the chance to visit Launceston again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed in a 2 Bedroom apartment with balcony. Rooms are generous in size. Have washing machine (Not automatic), dishwasher plus host of other things in the room. Big TV and comfy sofa.
Could stay in the room the whole day if the Launceston becomes a bit unpredictable. Was offered free WiFi as well. Splendid hotel! Will certainly stay there again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor to get away with the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks Ray C.
I am very happy you enjoyed the facilities and furnishings of our two bedroom apartment.
They are very spacious particularly for 4 people.
I hope you have the chance to visit again.
General Manager.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com