We arrived late afternoon and there were 2 staff members at reception. The young lady did not make eye contact. Our stay was for 3 nights (2 complimentary nights). Several times she asked if we were using free nights as if this was a problem. We got to our room and the keys we were given did not work so down to reception. The young lady did not acknowledge us and the young man kept asking us if we were using free nights? What did that have to do with keys not opening the door? Not a good start. The rest of the staff we came into contact with were wonderful. The seafood platter fot 2 at Snappers restaurant was superb. As with hotels of this vintage it was a little noisy but this depends on who is in the next room. If you want your towels changed don't hang them up. Although there was not a notice in our room I assume this is why ours were not changed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston is conveniently located in the city centre, 15 minutes drive from the airport and 2 minutes walk from the main shopping precinct. The hotel features 116 rooms,FREE WiFi, a restaurant specializing in local produce and a cocktail bar. Nearby local attractions include the James Boag Brewery, Launceston Seaport and Cataract Gorge. #FREE WIFI# ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Launceston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Launceston Hotel Launceston
- Accor Launceston
- Best Western Plus Launceston Tasmania