“Not 4.5star”

Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Sydney
“Not 4.5star”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We booked this hotel due to the central location and rating.
The location was very good - close to shops and restaurants however the accommodation was definitely well below what i would expect from a 4.5 star. The rooms were small with no air conditioning - they did have an evaporative cooler however this was noisey and not really that cool. Very, very basic room. Parking $6 per day

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Leon W, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear ChristmasSydney

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay and I am please that you found the location of the Hotel very good

We are currently in the process of upgrading our guest rooms. I am pleased to note the first container of goods has arrived and the first load of new beds will arrive next week.

We do currently have two floors that are air-conditioning and we are in the process of upgrading the remaining rooms.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Leon Wood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 29 November 2013

O'k, so I'm not one of those people that photographs my food and then posts it online........Damn I wish I had because we stopped in at the Tram Bar of this hotel for desert and it left me speechless. The three of us ordered the black forest mousse.
Plate consisted of the following-
Three torn pieces of scattered dried out chocolate cake the size of a fifty cent pieces with 2 cherries and some chocolate topping?
When it was placed in front of us the waitress said "and here's your deconstructed mousse"
I would have much preferred to eat my $12 thank you very much.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank F1007
Leon W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear F1007

Please accept my sincere apologies as I read about your experience with the deconstructed black forest mousse cake.

When your order was taken our team should have explained to you in detail the different elements of this dish and what a deconstructed cake is.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, it gives us ability to take positive steps towards meeting our customer’s expectations.

Leon Wood

Travellers are raving about these Launceston hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel is well located near the center of Launceston CBD. And, that's all the goodies stopped. We booked the hotel via Accor and was surprised to find the hotel is now under "Best Western". Room itself is OK. But, the whole hotel is bit old and tired. They don't even have central air conditioning. We had to open the windows during the night. There were a lot of noises both outside the hotel and within the hotel (corridor and lift area). Didn't have a good night sleep. Would probably give it a pass next time. There is not so much of a price difference between Mecure and Sebel. But, Sebel was full........... The hotel would need an urgent upgrade of rooms and facilities.

1 Thank ray c
Dear ray c

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay and I am please that you found the location of the Hotel centrally located convenient.

Since taking over the Hotel we have highlighted the need to enhance our product and we are currently in the process of upgrading our guest rooms. I am pleased to note the first container of goods has arrived and the first load of new beds will arrive next week.

With regards to air-conditioning we do have two floors that are fully air-conditioned and we are in the process of upgrading the remaining rooms.

We look forward to seeing you back with Best Western Plus Launceston in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We had a short one night stay at this hotel mid November. We found the hotel to be conveniently located, comfy and clean. We ate at the tram bar for dinner and thought the food was nice. It would be nice if parking was included (it's $6 a night) and would be nice to know on the hotels website that the gym they say the hotel has is really the 'anytime fitness' that's located a short walk behind the hotel and costs $10 a day. Other than that we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Leon W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Contributor

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay.

I was pleased that you found the rooms clean and comfortable and the Food in the Tram Bar nice. I will look at away to change the information about the Gym

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hobart
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have stayed here a number of times under the old Mercure name. Whilst Best Western have only had the property since August I think the standard has slipped. My room was comfortable and the big bed was fine, but the walls are a bit thin. The tea/coffee offering in the room was limited and there were no biscuits but a packet of chips and peanuts left on the bench - assume they were part of the mini bar. No movie channels either, and 30 mins free wifi then you have to pay. A hot breakfast was included in my $155 room cost. Honestly, you can do better than this in Launceston for less.

1 Thank SunnygirlHobart
Leon W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear SunnygirlHobart

Thank you for taking the time to let the team here at Best Western Plus Launceston know about your stay with us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the ‘’comfortable big beds’’ we have at the Hotel and I am pleased to let you know that we are in the process of upgrading these beds next month.

I’m sorry to read that you could not find a movie to watch, as we have a choice of over 20 movies currently playing on demand, 10 Foxtel channels and all the free to air channels.

Thank you once again and I do hope to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have stayed here under previous ownership and stayed not long after ownership changed. The service had definitely improved and whilst the service at the front desk continues to be great I found that breakfast had it's challenges.
Day 1 I saw no staff, had my breakfast and left without ever being asked my room number, no "Good morning" and nobody at the desk when I left.
Day 2 - nobody at the desk again and a tour group occupied most tables with just 4 free tables, 3 of which had not been cleared. A number of people came in shortly after me and had to ask for the table to be cleared. 2 staff were on the floor but working quite slowly and seemed to ignore guests unless called.
Hopefully this will improve again into the future.

2 Thank Sylvia E
Leon W, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Sylviaei

Thank you for taking the time to let the team here at Best Western Plus Launceston know how much you enjoyed your stay and how the Hotel has improved.

Also please accept my sincere apologies as it is a disappointment that I read about your experience with breakfast service.

It is only through guests such as yourself that take the time to let us know about their experiences that we are able to take the positive steps towards meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations.

Please be assured that we continuing retaining and I have spoken to the team to avoid this situation in future.

Kind regards,

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Had the breakfast included deal which was great. Hotel staff very helpful. Located just walking distance to the CBD.
Would recommend this hotel.
Spent a day at Cataract Gorge a must do. Just lovely.
Easy city to walk around.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Leon W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear doc2293.

Thank you for your feedback and choosing Best Western Plus Launceston as your choice of accommodation.

I was pleased to read that you have a great stay and that you found our location in the CBD convenient.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,