The hotel is conveniently located in the CBD. Parking at the rear of the hotel at $6 a day is a bonus but best to check in early to ensure a spot. We stayed one night in a standard queen room No. 405 which was very good quality and value for money as it was roomy with views over the Launceston hills and appeared to have been recently refurbished and repainted. Our booking which had been transferred from the previous owner Mercure was handled very efficiently by reception staff who were helpful, pleasant and friendly. We had dinner in the restaurant which unfortunately had a very restricted menu and would probably not do so again even though our meals were OK. This is something the new owners may like to consider. Breakfast was available punctually at 7 a.m. and was OK although some instructions on how to operate the coffee machine would be helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston is conveniently located in the city centre, 15 minutes drive from the airport and 2 minutes walk from the main shopping precinct. The hotel features 116 rooms,FREE WiFi, a restaurant specializing in local produce and a cocktail bar. Nearby local attractions include the James Boag Brewery, Launceston Seaport and Cataract Gorge. #FREE WIFI# ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Launceston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Launceston Hotel Launceston
- Accor Launceston
- Best Western Plus Launceston Tasmania