“Great staff in basic hotel”

Best Western Plus Launceston
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Sydney, Australia
“Great staff in basic hotel”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Best thing about this hotel is the staff -- friendly, polite, efficient and extremely helpful. Perhaps management is slowly renovating and have started with the beds and bedding which were excellent -- no complaints at all. Good size TV and free WiFi. However the whole atmosphere is utilitarian with nothing comfortable, attractive or luxurious in the room or anywhere else that I could see.

Room Tip: Several places for good breakfast 3 minutes walk around the corner in George Street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank carilloneur
Leon W, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Carilloneur

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to read that you found the staff -- friendly, polite, efficient and extremely helpful, the beds and bedding which were excellent and Good size TV and free WiFi.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon so that we can show you more improvements that we have made as we move through the Hotel.

Leon Wood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed one night on a Friday there.
Room was ok, breakfast was good, too. Nothing to complain.
But there were people doing car racing on Friday night on the city roads nearby.
The horrible loud noises didn't stop even after midnight. I asked the reception, seems they didn't have any idea about it. I am surprised that the police allows people to do that in the city...
I read it somewhere on TripAdvisor about it before I booked the hotel but I thought it could not be that bad.
Sadly it is kind of bad. Hope the police can do something about it so the guests staying in the hotel can get some quiet sleep on friday night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 223lt

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to read that you found the location very good and the Hotel to your liking.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on Friday night. We had booked a 4.5 star mystery deal through Wotif and to be honest it was incredibly cheap.

The room was functional. Not sure that you could call it 4.5 star but it did have little things- hair dryer etc. and it was clean and comfortable.

When we stay at a hotel we expect to be treated like guests and welcomed and get some level of customer service, this did not happen throughout our stay until we were checking out- the lady we had at the front desk was very helpful.

Everything seemed to be too much for the staff working at reception here. They definitely couldn't raise a smile, and were just outright unhelpful. We believe Tassie is known for their exceptional customer service and can honestly say, without a doubt this is the worst customer service we have experienced in Tassie.

So, if you wish to stay at the Best Western, be sure not to want advice on where to go, or ask for any more milks etc. to make a coffee or tea or your stay more comfortable. Sometimes the little things are just what makes your trip away!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Leon W, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Lara B

Thank you for your feedback and choosing to stay with Best Western Plus Launceston

While we aim to present exceptional service to each individual guest I do apologise that we have not been able to during your stay.

My apologies for the lack of service and friendliness of my staff at the Hotel. I do set a high standard of service and I do expect that the Hotels follow through. I will be reviewing your comments with my team as I do take them very serious.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Leon Wood

Travellers are raving about these Launceston hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights at the Best Western Plus Launceston between 02/06/14 & 05/06/14 at a rate of USD$97 per night (including breakfast) booked via Agoda.com

The hotel is well located in a quiet side street in the central CBD.

The run of house room was functional. Two sofa chairs (in need of a re-furb), desk, desk chair, mini bar, wardrobe with hangers and iron/ironing board, lamps, bar fridge with mini bar, and enough power points around the room.

Importantly, the bed and pillows were comfortable and the bedding pristine.

There's also free in-room wifi, which is still a rarity in Australian hotels, so kudos to management for that.

What did let the room down was scuffed and marked carpet. It really needs replacing.

Breakfast was okay. There was a selection of cereals, breads, pastries, fruits and yogurts etc, which was fine. The coffee was pretty bad and the bain marie hot food was very ordinary. I normally eat breakfast in a local cafe wherever I am, but because it was included in the rate ...

However, at the price I paid I have no issues with the hotel overall as I feel it represented fair value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Leon W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Fourteensquare

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel.

Sydney
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Very good location, friendly staff, good breaky.Rooms clean, modern, free wifi.good value for money as breaky imcluded.You can earn Qantas ff points.Close to Metz restaurant which is great - recommend by staff member.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear AgnesSyd

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to read that you found the location very good, staff friendly and the rooms clean and modern. We have recently just started including Free WiFi.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We spent 2 nights here at the end of our trip. The room was nice, bed was comfortable and the room was well appointed. The bathroom however was small, shower over a tiny bath and the shower head kept falling down. My husband has a problem with his knee and he was unable to stand flat footed in the shower and as a result nearly slipped. We were in Room 523 which was located next to the elevator so all night you could here them going up and down. Breakfast was great, large range of items to choose from.
The location of the hotel was great, a short walk to the main shopping district. Carparking at the hotel was really inexpensive at just $6 a day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Asia_84

Thank you for completing the survey and staying at Best Western Plus Launceston

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I am glade that you found the location to be central and you enjoyed the large buffet and the New beds.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience and a room away from the lift.

Devonport, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Best Western in late May for one night. We booked months in advance. We had a room one the 4th floor, with a queen bed. The gentleman who checked me in was polite, well groomed and friendly. Unfortunately, there is a $6 parking fee overnight, which we didn't get any use out of, as there were no parking spaces available. We had to park in another car park further down the street, and fork out more cash for parking there.
The room itself was functional and clean. It's obviously just been updated. The bathroom was dated, with very old fittings and tiles, but a new splashback and toilet.
There's very little soundproofing in the rooms, we could hear our neighbour's conversations word for word. Convienently, there was wonderful heating, just what you need for cold Tassie weather! There's an extensive room service menu, which we didn't try, and the minibar prices are excessive!
Breakfast in the morning was an average affair. We went down for breakfast around 8am, paid $18.50 each for a continental breakfast (!!!!!!!), only to find all the pasties were stone cold, browned and bruised fruit, cold water in the urns for coffee and tea, and only one teabag left.
Check out was quick, nothing fancy, receptionist was polite.
It's an average hotel. I did think the 4.5 star rating was a bit excessive, but it's convienently close the the CBD. Probably wouldn't recommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple