“Great value for money!”

Best Western Plus Launceston
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This was incredible service for the cost. Rooms were not dated, although there was minor ware and tear (which can be expected) it was very clean and decorated well. I am very impressed with the fact that breakfast was fully included, and it wasn't just cereal- it was the whole buffet! This barely ever happens without additional charge, and it was a great start to the day :) have already recommended to friends and family.

Stayed: July 2014
Leon W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2014

Dear Jessica C,
Thank you for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston
I am really please to hear you enjoyed your breakfast here in Snappers Restaurant; our Breakfast Chef takes great pride in his work and is always looking to improve.
We look forward to having you stay again here in Launceston
Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Loved this Motel, was in a great location, very friendly, Kaisha (forgive me if not correct spelling) was absolutely awesome, answered all my questions, and the million my 9yo daughter had for her..lol...buffet brekkie and parking included, couldn't have asked for more, great value, highly recommend and would definitely stay here again.. only thing i would have to pick at, is no exhaust fan in bathroom
also had free use of computer in the lobby

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear AlburyMel,
Thank you for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.
I'm really please to hear you enjoyed your stay, particularly the buffet breakfast and car parking.
Thank you also for the positive comments about our staff, they really are a great asset to the property.
We look forward to having both yourself and your daughter to stay again in the near future
Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here with 2 kids. As they did not have our room ready they upgraded us to a suite with a separate lounge room and bathroom. No swimming pool attached to this hotel and they charge for car parking. The restaurant's are both great for food. Right in the city so perfect location for walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Leon W, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Trisha R

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The only HUGE problem was that the key cards did not work efficiently. One did not work at all and the other one had to be put in and out about 20 times at varying speeds before it would work, every single time. SO if you want to get into your room quickly then this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a remodelled room, but make sure the key works.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tracey P

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

I do apologize that your key didn’t work, I have arranged for all locks in the Hotel to have their sensors cleaned.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

No complaints from us although the rooms will be better when refurbishment is completed.
Price was reasonable so we were satisfied with our choice. Parking for guests at $6.00 per night seems a bit of a bad choice. I'm sure most patrons would rather pay $10.00 extra per night and be offered "free" parking.
My pet hate is extra for car parking.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mark C

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel, I have made a note about the car parking and will be offering a package that includes car parking moving forward.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

When a client told me that they had booked this hotel for a business trip to Launceston I was not expecting very much (in fact I was expecting an out of date motel with ghastly bedspreads) and I have to say I was nicely surprised by how modern the hotel was. I am not sure what some of the more negative reviews are about - it is a Best Western after all and not a top of the line hotel group but it was modern and the bed seemed new and was very comfortable.
I had a king size room on level 5 and it was all up to date. Typical hotel room - bath in shower but all clean and nicely presented. Unlike some of the other more expensive hotels I have stayed at in Launceston they offer free Wi-Fi which I think is fantastic. If you want to be in the town area it is also in a great central location.
The only down side is having to pay $6 for parking - I think if I am a guest this should free.
I had room service for breakfast which arrived on time - lovely breakfast - my only complaint is my coffee I ordered (as the room option was only instant - yuck) went cold pretty fast and there was no way to heat it up. If they wanted to take the next step in service it would be great if they had plunger coffee in the room.
Overall a good stay with happy and helpful staff on reception. I would stay here again.
I used one of the meeting rooms for a presentation and the room was a good size for 20 plus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SuziiW

Dear SuziiW

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and you found the Hotel a nice surprise. We are in the process of finishing off the first stage of our refurbishment and the bathrooms will be completed next year. I am also awaiting on new espresso machines to be delivered and installed on the 5th floor.

But we will look at your idea of installing a plunger coffee in the room.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great hotel to stay. Staff very helpful & accommodating. Room was neat
Value for money.

However the hotel was close to all teh shops & eating places but litte out of the way from UTAS.

Buffet breakfast was the same every morning - no variety

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Reena P

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and you found the Hotel a "Great hotel to stay. Staff very helpful & accommodating. Room was neat and Value for money".

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.