Best Western Plus Launceston
Balmoral on York(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$108
Apartments At York Mansions(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$148
The Sebel Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$178
  • Room Service
Mantra Charles Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$124
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$113
Village Family Motor Inn(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$102
Auldington(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$81
1,429 results
All reviewstram barsnappers restaurantcentral locationroom servicebuffet breakfastking bedcentre of townreception staffwould stay againshort stayroom was spaciousgreat value for moneycity parkcataract gorgeparkingcafestassie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Friendly staff, clean rooms, recently updated.

Lots of parking, and lots of on site amenities (bar, restaurant etc.), really nice vibe to the place. Well laid out room with work desk and casual table as well as the basics. Very handy for a traveling rep.

Easy walk to the CBD and attractions. I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The rooms were ok but I called room service three times before having to leave a message. I got no response so concerned that the restaurant closed at 9pm I went done to eat at 8.30pm only to find it closing. When I asked why I hadn't had a response to my voice mail, I was told my volume must be down on the phone in my room as they said they had called back. I checked for volume control when back in the room and it was on high! The lady in the restaurant arranged for room service which I appreciated but the overall quality of the room was it was small and very cold. The heating wasn't adequate. The room service experience was off putting.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Leon W, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear John W

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If you could please contact me so that I can apologize and discuss over the phone. leon.wood@bestwestern.com.au

kind regards

Leon Wood

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wouldn't chose this hotel for a holiday but fine for basic and cheap accommodation.
It's located centrally in Launceston, so very convenient to get to the shops... And onsite parking at $6 per day was brilliant as we had a hire car.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Having stayed the best part of a week in Bicheno on our way from Hobart we made the choice to attend the DanceSport competition held at the Silverdome in Launceston.

The choice to stay at the Best Western Plus at Launceston came about as a result of checking Lastminute.com on the web and then choosing a "Mystery" package which turned out to be . . . . . you've guessed it, the Best Western Plus.

On arrival at around 2.00 p.m. the receptionist Amanda greeted us cordially, checked our booking and provided all the details we needed to make our stay a seamless one. She was an employee her emplyers should be proud of.

We already knew and had accepted the charge for parking so no surprises there and $6.00 for a 24 hour period is hardly daylight robbery.

Our Wi-Fi access code was printed on the back of the small folder holding our key cards and being a free service it worked seamlessly.

Our room was 612 and was delightfully furnished with a relatively small bathroom (but still larger than our own at home). Mini bar well stocked. Tea and coffee making facilities of good quality and in working order.

I'm guessing the king sized bed was the clincher! We loved it and especially the additional pillows AND the white robes in the wardrobe.

Did we enjoy ourselves? You bet your bippy we did !

Thanks Amanda for welcoming us so well and thanks Ryan in the Tram Bar for happy and professional service.

Guess what? Next time we're in Launceston, we'll be returning to the Best Western Plus !!!!!!!

P.S. Did I mention we didn't have to pay an arm and a leg to stay here?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

we stayed in the executive king spa room. wow! it was great, very spacious room, large bathroom with spa and shower, modern, even had 4 towels for two of us, most hotels only give you two! which was great. super comfy king bed. pillows were hard, but that's personal preference. they have a pod coffee machine which is a bonus. we were on the 6th floor which was quiet. room had a heatpump which was great-slightly noisy though.
others have mentioned having issues with the room cards - we had no trouble, but did take both with us whenever we went out, incase one didn't work, but we had no dramas. parking is $6a night, I had no problem paying this as we were in the heart of launie & we had NO trouble finding a car spot :) though I can see how it could be a struggle during the busier season, as spots are limited. will def stay again! + they have free wi-fi

Room Tip: ask for a king executive room, 6th floor, looking over city. our room was looking over the carpark..
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Leon W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Alex J

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel in the executive spa room. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Kind regards