“Friendly & comfortable”

Best Western Plus Launceston
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Always welcoming and rooms are warm.
great central location, easy walking to local shops and cafes.

Rooms at rear are best
Having wifi access is really good.
It is my favoured place to stay when working in Launceston.

Room Tip: Ask fora room at the rear, you will get the morning sun and have less street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Launceston

Reviewed 14 August 2014

very friendly staff in all areas of hotel including room service , reception an bar . rooms clean and comfortable but a bit outdated ..................................................................................................................

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Leon W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Peter H

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Kind regards

Leon Wood

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had booked the hotel as it was one of the few in Launceston that seemed to have direct shuttle service from the airport. It turns out it's easier to take a taxi but that's another story. We stayed two nights over three (we went to Cradle Mtn in the middle of our trip), and found it a pretty decent place to stay. The front desk staff, especially Heather (I hope that's her name, sorry if it isn't) was very helpful and friendly. The room was basic, but my family didn't need much - just a place to keep our luggage and rest out head at night. The missus and I both found the beds a bit uncomfortable, but with that said, we usually have issues with beds that aren't are own. Fussy, I guess. The room was clean, albeit a bit small, once the three beds were considered. Again, this wasn't a problem for us.

The buffet breakfast was pretty good, a wide range of basic cereals, fruits etc. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but did eat in the Tram Bar, which was good food. A minor point was that we had to wait for someone to take our order.

The hotel is very centrally located...central Launceston is right around the corner, and the Gorge is about a 45 - 60 minute walk...easily done.

In summary, I'd ask myself, would I stay here again? And I don't have any reason why I wouldn't.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Friendly staff, clean rooms, recently updated.

Lots of parking, and lots of on site amenities (bar, restaurant etc.), really nice vibe to the place. Well laid out room with work desk and casual table as well as the basics. Very handy for a traveling rep.

Easy walk to the CBD and attractions. I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The rooms were ok but I called room service three times before having to leave a message. I got no response so concerned that the restaurant closed at 9pm I went done to eat at 8.30pm only to find it closing. When I asked why I hadn't had a response to my voice mail, I was told my volume must be down on the phone in my room as they said they had called back. I checked for volume control when back in the room and it was on high! The lady in the restaurant arranged for room service which I appreciated but the overall quality of the room was it was small and very cold. The heating wasn't adequate. The room service experience was off putting.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Leon W, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear John W

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If you could please contact me so that I can apologize and discuss over the phone. leon.wood@bestwestern.com.au

kind regards

Leon Wood

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wouldn't chose this hotel for a holiday but fine for basic and cheap accommodation.
It's located centrally in Launceston, so very convenient to get to the shops... And onsite parking at $6 per day was brilliant as we had a hire car.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Having stayed the best part of a week in Bicheno on our way from Hobart we made the choice to attend the DanceSport competition held at the Silverdome in Launceston.

The choice to stay at the Best Western Plus at Launceston came about as a result of checking Lastminute.com on the web and then choosing a "Mystery" package which turned out to be . . . . . you've guessed it, the Best Western Plus.

On arrival at around 2.00 p.m. the receptionist Amanda greeted us cordially, checked our booking and provided all the details we needed to make our stay a seamless one. She was an employee her emplyers should be proud of.

We already knew and had accepted the charge for parking so no surprises there and $6.00 for a 24 hour period is hardly daylight robbery.

Our Wi-Fi access code was printed on the back of the small folder holding our key cards and being a free service it worked seamlessly.

Our room was 612 and was delightfully furnished with a relatively small bathroom (but still larger than our own at home). Mini bar well stocked. Tea and coffee making facilities of good quality and in working order.

I'm guessing the king sized bed was the clincher! We loved it and especially the additional pillows AND the white robes in the wardrobe.

Did we enjoy ourselves? You bet your bippy we did !

Thanks Amanda for welcoming us so well and thanks Ryan in the Tram Bar for happy and professional service.

Guess what? Next time we're in Launceston, we'll be returning to the Best Western Plus !!!!!!!

P.S. Did I mention we didn't have to pay an arm and a leg to stay here?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple