“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Hobart, Australia
“Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Friendly staff, rooms very clean and tidy. Close to city centre and bar and resteraunt are great. Rooms warm and cozy and decor fantastic. Great for travelling rep and staff build great rapport with customers.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed last Thursday at the Best Western Launceston Plus and was pleasantly surprised by the attentive nature of the staff in all aspects reception, housekeeping & the restaurant. The customer service was exceptional and the recent renovations have improved the product significantly. Would highly recommend to any business traveller.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Always welcoming and rooms are warm.
great central location, easy walking to local shops and cafes.

Rooms at rear are best
Having wifi access is really good.
It is my favoured place to stay when working in Launceston.

Room Tip: Ask fora room at the rear, you will get the morning sun and have less street noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Edithvale, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

very friendly staff in all areas of hotel including room service , reception an bar . rooms clean and comfortable but a bit outdated ..................................................................................................................

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Leon W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Peter H

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Kind regards

Leon Wood
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had booked the hotel as it was one of the few in Launceston that seemed to have direct shuttle service from the airport. It turns out it's easier to take a taxi but that's another story. We stayed two nights over three (we went to Cradle Mtn in the middle of our trip), and found it a pretty decent place to stay. The front desk staff, especially Heather (I hope that's her name, sorry if it isn't) was very helpful and friendly. The room was basic, but my family didn't need much - just a place to keep our luggage and rest out head at night. The missus and I both found the beds a bit uncomfortable, but with that said, we usually have issues with beds that aren't are own. Fussy, I guess. The room was clean, albeit a bit small, once the three beds were considered. Again, this wasn't a problem for us.

The buffet breakfast was pretty good, a wide range of basic cereals, fruits etc. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but did eat in the Tram Bar, which was good food. A minor point was that we had to wait for someone to take our order.

The hotel is very centrally located...central Launceston is right around the corner, and the Gorge is about a 45 - 60 minute walk...easily done.

In summary, I'd ask myself, would I stay here again? And I don't have any reason why I wouldn't.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Friendly staff, clean rooms, recently updated.

Lots of parking, and lots of on site amenities (bar, restaurant etc.), really nice vibe to the place. Well laid out room with work desk and casual table as well as the basics. Very handy for a traveling rep.

Easy walk to the CBD and attractions. I'll be back.

Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The rooms were ok but I called room service three times before having to leave a message. I got no response so concerned that the restaurant closed at 9pm I went done to eat at 8.30pm only to find it closing. When I asked why I hadn't had a response to my voice mail, I was told my volume must be down on the phone in my room as they said they had called back. I checked for volume control when back in the room and it was on high! The lady in the restaurant arranged for room service which I appreciated but the overall quality of the room was it was small and very cold. The heating wasn't adequate. The room service experience was off putting.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Leon W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear John W

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If you could please contact me so that I can apologize and discuss over the phone. leon.wood@bestwestern.com.au

kind regards

Leon Wood

Travellers are raving about these Launceston hotels