“Soft bed”

Best Western Plus Launceston
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Mattress was horrible, by the time I got to the hotel and got into bed was to late to change rooms. Mattress sagged that much I may as well have been sleeping on the floor. Check in / out was the best part, young lad on reception was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Leon W, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Bernard W

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

I am sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy your sleep in the Hotel. We have just replaced all the beds in the Hotel with King Pillow top beds so I’m sorry you didn’t have a good night’s sleep.
I have passed your feedback on to our supplier who will review the Bed.

Thank you again for your comments.

We look forward to seeing you back in launceston soon,

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Launceston

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We had 3 one night stays. Staff were friendly and helpful. We had two different rooms during our stay. The kingsize bed in both rooms was very comfortable. Both rooms had the old style bathroom but I thought that was great, I loved the bath. Our rate included free breakfasts each time. Nice atmosphere in the snappers restaurant in the morning where we had our breakfast. Last visit couldn't find hot porridge but the staff very kindly went and made me up a bowl!! Only complaint is that there was no microwave or cooking facilites in room, only a kettle. Also both rooms could do with a better chair near the desk, not a good design, collapses to one side?! Very clean and comfortable with parking around back. Recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Kimbra K

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your 3 night stay in the hotel and found the Staff friendly and helpful. I have passed on your comments to review the desk Chair.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you back in Launceston soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel is centrally located and very easy to find. You are within walking distance to most of the attractions. If travelling by vehicle parking is available at the rear of the hotel for $6 per day. The hotel itself is clean and the rooms are basic but very comfortable. The bathroom , although clean, is in need of a renovation as it is very very dated. As soon as we checked in the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. My wife and I both had breakfast at the hotel which was filing but it was nothing special. I would recommend this hotel if staying in Launceston.

Room Tip: Good views from either 5th or 6th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mario M

Dear Mario M,

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and found the Hotel location within walking distance to most attractions. I am pleased to note that we will be refurbishing the bathrooms next year.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will come back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We had a two night stay, we arrived about 6.30 pm on the first night and our greeting was very professional and pleasant, our rate included breakfast for both mornings. Our room looked clean and tidy in arrival. The bath sheets were a nice surprise. The bathroom is in desperate need of some bleach and also if you'd like people to take up your offer of leaving towels for the next day I suggest you give them a towel rack not a hook on the back of a door. I'm also over hotels not having exhaust fans in the bathrooms, or at least ones that do something would be handy. The bed was fantastic, pillows perfect and the heater was very suitable. There was a lot of street noise, also the town clock could be heard from 6am very clearly. The breakfast on Saturday was delicious and hot the breakfast on Sunday wasn't either. As breakfasts are often hit and miss this isn't a huge issue, unless you were paying for it. Parking was easy and the entrance and exit were both easily navigated.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Helen H

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel. I do apologise about your bathroom, I have passed on your comments to our House keeping team to review.

Thank you again for your comments as this does help us improve our service and product levels.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My friends & I stayed 2 nights here in a queen & single room. We booked via expedia & got really good rates. It's a basic room but everything we need is there. Hair dryer, toiletries, towels, wine glasses, mugs. The bed however is very comfortable & we had really good sleep. They provide guests with free wifi as well but i find the connection is not very stable which can be quite annoying.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Inem

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel. Thank you for your comment about the WiFi this has helped us improve the service with our supplier.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I booked this accommodation as a mystery deal through Wotif. The price, description and reviews were great. When I arrived the staff was the most pleasant and helpful. My room was on the top floor and got great views. Dinner was absolutely wonderful -great chargrilled yellow fin tuna with roasted vegies. Loved it.

Very disappointing was the moment when I decided to make myself a cup of tea. Both cups were dirty, and one of them was half-full with old coffee. Small container of milk was open.
I called the reception and the person came to pick up dirty cups and milk. He assured me that unfortunately it was overlooked but usually their housekeeping is very good.
Next day I left a tag on the door asking to clean my room. Just imagine my surprise whei I arrived back in the afternoon - my bed was partly made with only one pillow in place. THAT'S IT.
No fresh towels, toiletries or coffee pods. All wet towels are around the room where I left them in a hurry. I called the reception again and asked for toiletries. Some lady came, looked around and said that probably maid started to do my room and was distracted (?). So she brought fresh towels, toiletries and coffee. I was extremely surprised that it happened twice in the row in such a reputable place.
And Wifi connection was horrible. It was dropping every 15-20 minutes and I had to log in again and again. It was slow and unfortunately tried to overtake my normal Telstra 4G. When I contacted reception about it, they said that only last 2 days it was bad.
So I guess I was not very lucky this time. But I would give it another go and could recommend it.

Room Tip: My room was on 6 floor and I liked the views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Moorusha S
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We can only speak most highly of this establishment. Booked by my wife as surprise for my 70th birthday, on one of their package offers, we were met by arguably the most helpful receptionist ever. Warm, friendly and helpful. A small "hiccup" with our room - nothing serious, saw my wife at reception again to sort out the problem. The end result was an upgrade (not requested) to the best they have on offer. Top floor, with suite, view of Launceston and the list goes on. No hesitation, it just happened.

No fuss, no arguments, just plain, old good service and PR.

The property is well located, very clean, neat and tidy, which of course it should be. But it is the staff that make this place, especially those at reception and restaurant. From the check-in to the checkout (another lady) and in their restaurant for both breakfast an dinner we can say the staff did not put a foot wrong. In fact, other properties would do well to have their staff act in such a professional manner. Could not have asked for more for my birthday.

Well done and we shall recommend you to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple