We travel a lot and we are regularly asked to fill in guest surveys, give feedback on various websites or pamplets so for the most part I tend not to bother however on this occasion I felt compeled to share my expereince at this wonderful hotel.
We enjoyed 3 nights at the Mercure in Launceston for a mini break from Melbourne, right from the get go we were made to feel very welcome. Every staff member we encountered was so helpful and seemed genuinly happy about thier work, nothing was too much trouble from suggesting some great little spots to stop and see around town to making bookings for us and organizing hire cars. I know you get this service in lots of places but it was simply the attitude of the staff that blew me away, they genuinly wanted to ensure we had a good holiday.
We had breakfast at the hotel 2 of the 3 mornings and it was great, good selection of both hot breakfasts and nice fruits pastries and if you go try the muffins they are excellent!. The other morning we went around the corner to a bakery which was also really good!!. We did have a room on one of the top couple of floors so had air conditioning and heat wasnt an issue for us. Rooms were reletavily modern and confortable. The last night we went along to a wine dinner they were holding at the hotel which was most enjoyable, they had a local winemaker talk who actually owned/ran the winery so it was very informative. I have been to a few similar functions and they can be a bit dull and overcrowded, but this wasn't, there wasnt too many people, and the lady from the winery was very engaging, the hotel managers were also there and it was good to talk with them also.
All in all I cant speak highly enough of this hotel, we certainly will be back guys. thank you very very much for making it such a special break for us
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston is conveniently located in the city centre, 15 minutes drive from the airport and 2 minutes walk from the main shopping precinct. The hotel features 116 rooms,FREE WiFi, a restaurant specializing in local produce and a cocktail bar. Nearby local attractions include the James Boag Brewery, Launceston Seaport and Cataract Gorge. #FREE WIFI# ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and TravelUp so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Launceston Hotel Launceston
- Accor Launceston
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston Tasmania