Auldington is a former convent converted into a hotel, this was enough to gain my interest and make a booking .
Our initial response from the reception area and grounds was that this would be a charming, quiet, serene peaceful experience and this is exactly how I would sum up our brief visit.
We stayed at this hotel for one night en route to the south eastern areas of Tasmania. We arrived late in the evening and did have some trouble locating the hotel in the dark - it is next to a school and there is a small low sign at the beginning of the driveway.
The receptionist was helpful and able to recommend eating establishments which would be open for a late meal.
The interior of the hotel has been restored/renovated leaving intact the significant architectural features - including a grand stairway - there is a small lift as well. Modern artworks by local artists feature in the hallways and reception areas. Rooms are light and clean with a modern ensuite and other necessary comforts. Supplies for a cold breakfast are provided in the room, and are adequate for the traveller.
Auldington was a wonderful hotel to start our exploration of Tasmania from, and I would choose to stay here again when visiting Launceston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auldington Hotel offers true boutique accommodation in Launceston, Tasmania. What was once the Presentation Sisters Convent, built in 1899, has now been converted into a luxurious, welcoming and peaceful, 4.5 Star AAA rated hotel. The preserved architecture of the heritage building now contrasts with stylish, comfortable and modern rooms, all with private ensuites. Over half of the rooms also enjoy a deep, luxurious bath or spa bath and many rooms have stunning views across our landscaped gardens, central and East Launceston and the mountain ranges beyond. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff are always happy to provide guests with useful information on all of the local attractions, restaurant and cafe recommendations. At Auldington we strive to provide a personal and welcoming customer service experience that we hope is an accurate reflection of the hotel and the values that are important to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Auldington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auldington Hotel Launceston
- Auldington Launceston, Tasmania