Auldington is situated one block back from the main North/South road into Launceston and being on the side of a hill offers good views over Launceston. We booked off Wotif and got a very reasonable package with large spa bath.
Audlington is a former convent overlooking the church and school. All of the building has been beautifully restored and upgraded to provide a very pleasant, quiet four star experience. the rooms are well equipped, albiet with a rather small flat screen TV. We did not have much of a view but you could go out onto the wide verandah and look out over Lauceston.
The service was attentive and thorough, however having to pay for off-street parking was a bit poor in this day and age. Also wi-fi was an optional extra. A breakfast pack was available at an extra cost, but even that was a bit over priced.
The location is excellent. It is a 10 minute walk into the CBD and to Stillwater restaurant.
There is a lot of accommodation in Launceston, but if you want something a bit different, a bit upmarket from the run of the mill motel room I would recommend Auldington.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auldington Hotel offers true boutique accommodation in Launceston, Tasmania. What was once the Presentation Sisters Convent, built in 1899, has now been converted into a luxurious, welcoming and peaceful, 4.5 Star AAA rated hotel. The preserved architecture of the heritage building now contrasts with stylish, comfortable and modern rooms, all with private ensuites. Over half of the rooms also enjoy a deep, luxurious bath or spa bath and many rooms have stunning views across our landscaped gardens, central and East Launceston and the mountain ranges beyond. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff are always happy to provide guests with useful information on all of the local attractions, restaurant and cafe recommendations. At Auldington we strive to provide a personal and welcoming customer service experience that we hope is an accurate reflection of the hotel and the values that are important to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Auldington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auldington Hotel Launceston
- Auldington Launceston, Tasmania