“Beautiful fresh food and great service”

Hallam's Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 314 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Dining here was a great experience. We were celebrating a 21st with a lunch and these guys went all out to make this celebration for my daughter an experience to remember. The food was superb, a wonderful mixture of fresh and cooked seafood - Tasmania at its finest, served with fresh salads, fruit and chips. All the food was perfect, the wine was great - mostly local product. The staff at Hallams were just unbelievable. Absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone - and everyone.

1  Thank ThundercatPrinnie
There are newer reviews for Hallam's Waterfront Restaurant

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere! Beautiful food! Service excellent! Tartare sauce best we've had! Battered fish light and delicious!

1  Thank SueG46
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We ate here on Easter Monday at the end of our Tasmanian holiday. The ambiance was relaxed and friendly.
The food was really good, although be careful not to over do the fresh bread to begin with as it was absolutely delicious. The seafood chowder was amazingly good and I'd highly recommend it. I had ocean trout for main meal which was cooked to perfection. The accompanying salad didn't compliment the dish though and a simple green salad would have been better, the ham and cheese concoction was a little strange.
I have a prolapsed disc and so sitting for any length of time is uncomfortable. I'd like to say a huge thank you to the waitress who offered me a cushion or asked if there was anything she could do to help, I really appreciated it. In fact all of the staff were friendly and attentive.

1  Thank joyful_holidayer
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I found Hallams although traditionally a seafood restaurant there overall menu choice catered too all tastes and as I observed various dishes coming out they all looked of a high standard. My salmon was perfect! Good service, great location and nice rustic ambience especially in the winter with a very comforting open fire! would highly recommend this restaurant, You will need too book.

1  Thank GlenDV56
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Great location and reasonably priced...but: average wine list, mixed food quality and not well ventilated/air conditioned. The fish and chips was bland and oily...unexpected in tempura batter. Potential missed.