“Tasty Indian food”

Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "With abundance of pride we present to you a kitchen from the history book that has walked its journey from up above to the down under" As the team proudly describes PickledEvenings being modern Indian Punjabi cuisine, totally different then other Indian restaurants because of there quality, style and the deep knowledge of there magical flavors. AboutThe team claims to set standards here in Launceston, Australia and to tell their esteemed patrons that what is the richness behind our culture and flavors. This Indian restaurant is dedicated to serving authentic Indian Food which will take you straight to the land where it is born. The authentic Indian food on our menu is made with the use of aromatic Indian spices which are the essence of Indian cuisine. PickledEvenings has carved out a niche for itself by not only its fine dining but also through its great service, catering and takeaway service.
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Pickled Evenings was recommended to us by the receptionist at the hotel we were staying at in Launceston - it didn't disappoint. The service was excellent, the food delicious and served on warm plates.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Lovely place, great decor. Excellent service and best of all tasty food. Nothing more to say really apart from you should check this place out if you like Indian food.

1  Thank White110
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Excellent food. Lots of choices for vegetarian....try their palak(spinach) kofta. Family firendly place, would definitely visit again if I am travelling to Launceston.

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I decided to have my 50th birthday dinner here and I am so glad I did. We had a number of Vegans (including myself) in the group and they seamlessly modified recipes to give excellent options. Food was excellent and service attentive and the dinner went off without a hitch.The group totalling 27 and with everyone happy, I was relieved and impressed. Some told me it was the best Indian food that they have had in years and some said it was the best they have ever had. I am very grateful to the team at Pickled Evenings for getting my birthday off to such a fantastic start.

1  Thank Logsandtwigs
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I'd give Pickled Evenings an extra half-star if the ratings allowed it - it's better than 'average'- probably the best Indian in the north of Tassie. I hadn't eaten there for over twelve months, and was pleased to find the food and atmosphere was better than I remembered. I can recommend the Rogan Josh particularly.

4  Thank giecie