“Budget”
Review of Avenue Motel

Avenue Motel
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Ballarat
Reviewed 30 March 2014

OK for 1 night - budget motel but we have stayed in bigger better rooms for this price. The cleanliness was just OK & it seemed to need an upgrade in most areas. Glad that we had a car as it was a definite requirement. Would we stay again? - maybe for 1 night

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gring068

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Helpful reception staff at the check-in for our overnight stay during our roadtrip from Adelaide to Melbourne. Our bedroom with en suite was basic but in good cleanliness standards. The outdoor swimming pool could be a bonus but chill winds put us off from swimming!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I don't know what I was expecting for the price but this was very small. We booked a queen sized room but I'm sure the bed was a double.
The place was relatively clean however they didn't really clean the rooms daily, they only made the bed.
The location is not very convenient unless you have a car.
All in all it was ok but I prefer somewhere with bigger rooms and a bit of privacy.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Kalamity_73
Reviewed 27 December 2013

If you are looking for a very basic motel ( ie just somewhere to sleep) then this is perfect for you. The rooms are very, very small. The gardens are not maintained. The towels are old and fraying, milk wasn't replaced for the next day. The website stated 200 metres to shopping centre - couldn't find one within walking distance. This motel is out of the main area of town and you would need to drive or get a taxi if you wanted to go out for dinner or see the sights at night.nothing is really within walking distance.
However - the golf club across the road is great value for a meal and a few drinks.
But the rooms were clean ( even if we returned to the room and found the cleaner was halfway through cleaning but left our room with the door wide open and she was no where to be seen)
heating, cooling and tv were fine. Bus timetable was from 2007. Book in room stated pool closed due to vandalism but nothing on the pool gates.
would stay here again if only stopping for one night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 724Charlene
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We booked a room for our family 2weeks prior to coming, I had requested a room with a double bed and a Single bed for our 3yr old, and we were told there is enough room to fit our portacot for our baby, when my husband went to check in he came to see that we only had a double bed, he proceeded to call me where i spoke to the most RUDE lady i have ever spoken too!!! She raised her voice at me the minute she opened her mouth she had the balls to say i was lying and that i did not book that room and i just booked a room with a double bed as i stated on the phone earlier in the morning when we were on our way there, to which i responded with telling her i called her 2weeks ago and told her my requests and SHE stuffed us up...

She could have dealt better with the situation, she could have responded with apologizing that there must of been some mis-communication and offered us the extra bed in free of charge, instead she went on saying we were wrong and had to pay for the extra bed, she was very RUDE, and regardless what she believes was said you should not yell at customers, ALSO when my husband left the hotel to go to a new one, she had the audacity to assume my husband beats women with a comment said along the lines 'I don't know where you are from but here we don't (gesture) women' All because he raised his voice at her for screwing our room up and getting nowhere with her to help rectify the situation, she just told us, I DONT WANT YOUR BUSINESS GO AWAY seriously thats how you handle a situation just leave a family with 2 young children with no room!!!!

VERY VERY VERY bad customer service, I must say the owner of the ALFRED where we stayed was very friendly!

Room Tip: if you want to be treated like garbage if you have a complaint perfect place to stay
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LMelbourne13
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Had a room with new HEATING installed, a must for Ballarat. Friendly bloke on front counter, no fuss check-in. Linen was crisp and fresh. Bathroom could do with a reno but for $80 it exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Have checked in here for a few days, must admit I was a bit worried after reading some of the negative reviews but let me tell you, I had nothing to worry about. It's clean, it's well kept, it has everything I need for my stay. Love the fact it has a microwave oven so I can avoid the takeaway places, electric blanket for the cold Victorian nights and even the resident German Shepherd had a friendly tail wag when I arrived....You can't go past value for money here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business