“Excellent value for friends travelling together”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Quest Ballarat

Quest Ballarat
Ranked #2 of 18 Ballarat B&B and Inns
Adelaide, South Australia
“Excellent value for friends travelling together”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here with another couple in a 2 bedroom apartment to break up a trip between Adelaide and Bright. We had an enormous 2 bed apartment that provided good privacy for both couples - each had their own bathroom. The apartment was nicely decorated and clean with good kitchen facilities and a shared lounge area. The apartments are close walking distance to local restaurants and shops. Parking is easy and free. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Much cheaper than us renting 2 rooms at a Motor Inn on the outskirts of town and much nicer. We were so impressed we booked the apartment again for the return journey to Adelaide. Booking direct with the hotel was cheaper than booking.com.

Room Tip: On the first night one of the local pubs (Peter Lalor - several streets away) had a live band which...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
QBallarat, General Manager at Quest Ballarat, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Tracey056
Thank you for your review and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that everyone was very helpful and especially that you enjoyed your apartment. It is always nice to hear comments such as yours.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Ballarat in the very near future.
David Stevens - Property Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Recently stayed here for business and training course and loved it. Was made to feeling very welcome from my arrival to my departure. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was great, very friendly and professional and knowledge of the area, gave some great restaurant advice too. Would stay again and you highly recommend the Conference facilities, very nice space and the lunch was the best I have had for a long time.
WELL DONE Quest Ballarat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Brad
Thank you for review and feedback about your recent stay at Quest Ballarat. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our Conference Room. I am especially pleased to hear that our team looked after you and were helpful. It is always nice to hear comments such as yours.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Ballarat in the very near future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights. I booked direct with hotel. On th way to the hotel We had had got stuck in traffic due to an accident. Once realising we were not going to get there by 10pm, I contact the hotel at approx 9pm explaing we going to be late, I called the hotel to inform then and endured an rude 5 minute lecture which ended, that the keys will be left out as per usual. I thought this was very poor. As OI had an important day the next day hence coming up the night before, I found that teh 2 rooms eithrr side of me had huge parties, and were a big disturbance, yet nothign was done about it and they were allowed to continue. I complained the next morning as had no sleep at all, yet was informed that "oh well, nothign we can do about it" yet I had paid close to $900 for the 3 nights. This isnt what we wnated to hear. these parties continue the whole time were were there.

While the room were nice as we got a studio apartment which had a basic kitchenette and nice bathroom, this would of been suitable to my needs yet 3 days had no sleep in this time. As I am in Ballarat regularly, I would have considered this place as my new base every time im Up the but the service was appalling, they didnt even both to try to fix the issues, and certainly have lost my business as well as the business of my workplace.

Still waiting for those frequent flyer points... after 4 calls nothing has been bothered to be done about it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
QBallarat, General Manager at Quest Ballarat, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear queenanttraveller
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you had problems. Can you please contact me directly as I would like to clarify some of the information that you posted. If you experienced any problem during your stay we pride ourselves on fixing them straight away. The rate you have quoted is certainly not what we would charge so I am puzzled by that and many things you have stated.
Please contact me when you can.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here for business in a One Bedroom, was very clean and comfortable. Had everything you needed. Staff were very friendly, professional and very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Have stayed at other places in town but this is the best by far and one of the better Quest around too.....was very impressed and will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
QBallarat, General Manager at Quest Ballarat, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Mellyman
Thank you for your review and I am very glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you found our rooms comfortable and that our team looked after you.
Berkeley Vale, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Our last stop before heading home, we chose the studio room on the ground floor and it had all the things you need and was clean and very comfortable.
The lady at the front desk was very helpful and answered a few questions with expertise.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
QBallarat, General Manager at Quest Ballarat, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear aussieboone
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us at Quest Ballarat. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and everything was to your liking and the staff were helpful.
Hope you enjoyed your travels and hope that you stay again with us when next you are in Ballarat.
Sunbury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with my fiance and 5 week old daughter. We had a room on the second which apparently was one of the biggest rooms there. When I got in the room it was huge. Nice big kitchen/lounge area, comfy seats and couches with heaps of space. Tv and dvd player worked well. The bedrooms king bed was clean and very comfy with nice dim lamps. The bathroom was clean and big. Would have liked if the bath was a bit bigger and deeper.

ONLY downside is that there are NO lifts. You have to walk up flights of stairs...I didnt like this because we had heaps of my daughtera things to carry up and then having to walk up while holding her I didnt really like. However I would come back again.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Traveller2787
Thank you for your review and feedback on your recent stay at Quest Ballarat.
It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed your room. Sorry that you don't have a lift, but when you next stay with us please let us know in advance and we will try and allocate you a ground level room.
Again, I am pleased your and your family enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the very near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because we couldn't get home due to fires. Michelle, the manager in duty was fantastic and went out of her way to make sure that we had everything we needed, including dinner waiting when we arrived!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
QBallarat, General Manager at Quest Ballarat, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Tripper
Thank you for your review and comments about your recent stay with us, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff were very helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Ballarat very soon.