Bell Tower Inn
Quality Inn & Suites The Menzies(Ballarat)(Great Value!)
US$127
Oscar's Hotel & Cafe Bar(Ballarat)(Great Value!)
US$106
Sovereign Park Motor Inn(Ballarat)(Great Value!)
US$133
The Western Hotel(Ballarat)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$57
  • Restaurant
Sovereign Hill Hotel(Ballarat)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$96
Hotels.com
US$96
Agoda.com
Comfort Inn & Suites City Views(Ballarat)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$108
US$91
US$81
Seymours on Lydiard(Ballarat)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$94
Ballarat Central City Motor Inn(Ballarat)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$86
  • Pool
All reviewsan older hotelheated poolfamily roomsplit systemcooked breakfastexcellent breakfastenjoyed our stayroom ratelate arrivalreception staffbasketball tournamentgreat place to staycomfortable staylarge bathroomvisit ballaratdebmoe
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed as a family trip on way over to Melbourne. We were upgraded to a newly renovated family room. This was modern, clean and very quiet. We enjoyed our stay and rebooked on our way home. Only dissapointment was that the pool and spa were closed for maintenance. We were all planning on using that facility.

Room Tip: Would have scored higher if the pool and spa was operational. We had booked room 20 Family room which was recently updated.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sout11
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The Bell Tower is a terrific place to stay, I stay here often when visiting Ballarat, they have a Solo Package which costs around $130ish per night, this includes breakfast, dinner and your room, the place itself if you are being picky is slightly dated, however for this price you cannot complain. The staff are wonderful, the rooms are very large and I cannot fault it. I love Ballarat and especially in autumn it is gorgeous. This is a great country feel, warm welcome at a great price, I cannot tell you how many times I have stayed here and it is always the same.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this motel after a trip to Sovereign Hill. We booked a spa suite breakfast package deal, through Wotif. The room - at first impression - seemed very old and in bad condition, but livable. However on closer inspection, I noticed that the entire bathroom was covered in black mould (especially in the corners), and the soap used by the last person in the room had not even been wiped off the walls or sides of the spa bath! Everything in the bathroom was disgusting - I was afraid to touch anything and felt guilty having to bathe my toddler there - there were HAIRS all around the spas edge! The little complimentary soap bars smelled like Ajax. The beds were very comfortable though. The mini fridge in the room was so old that the loud cooling noises it was omitting sounded like an air conditioner next to my ear - all night! The television was modern and worked well. The alarm clock in the room didn't work, and the wake up call I ordered at front reception came 75 minutes too late the next morning. And beware - they don't use regular toilet paper here, but have a tissue dispenser instead - not good if you're in a real rush! The motel also claims to offer room service but considering that their restaurant is only open in the mornings for breakfast ( DESPITE what their website and brochures claim) - there isn't much to serve. The bar is also never open. Breakfast the next morning was very good and the cook is lovely, however the person at front reception tried to charge us double for breakfast and became quite humiliating when we questioned her calculations. We never received an apology. The motel also boasts a heated pool, heated jacuzzi, steam room and gym. The pool wasn't heated, the spa AND the steam room were both out of order. Long story cut short - a very expensive disappointment! Might also be of a concern to health authorities @ mould in bathrooms. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank Staebe
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed in November and after a hot dusty day at the Wildlife Park we raced to the hotel so we could have a swim in the heated pool. It was freezing! Lots of other guests were jumping in and getting a shock too. We were told on check in the restaurant wasn't open - that was fine as we weren't planning to eat there, but nothing was mentioned about the pool. I tried to call reception to ask about the pool but the phone in the room was dead. The room was large with a big bathroom, but tired. However, as the rate was very low we didn't have high expectations anyway. We had a family room - one double or queen (can't recall) and 2 singles, which was adequate. One child accidentally pulled all the bedclothes off the bed and I saw the horrible dirty mattress underneath - I had to try really hard not to think about it to not feel too disgusted. Our room was right near the pool and some tables and a few guests hung out there drinking quite late which was noisy, but not enough to get really bothered about. Not knowing the layout of Ballarat I didn't realise that the hotel was on the opposite side of everywhere we wanted to go - Wildlife Park, Sovereign Hill, our restaurant for dinner etc, so we kept going back and forth. For me that was the biggest reason I wouldn't stay there again. The main reason I would stay there was the price. So if you are on a budget it could suit you, but go with very low expectations.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool might end up being noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stayed 10 nights with a large group of golfers and partners. Room was large and bed comfortable but carpet was very badly stained. Had to request cleaning staff to vacuum floor when obvious it was needed, also had to request a change of sheets. They are not very well trained in housekeeping, forgetting to refill coffee etc. Cracks in walls. One couple could not open their front door and had to use back entrance - long walk for an old couple with no car. Breakfast was excellent. Pool warm on arrival but then became cold due to some hitch. No door on toilet. Very ordinary for $113 pn. Would not recommend. Moved on to Barooga Golf Resort where room was only $90 and excellent in every way - laundry washing machine and dryer were free.

Room Tip: Ask to inspect room before deciding to stay as there are other motels close by.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends