“Disappointed”
Review of Bell Tower Inn

Bell Tower Inn
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Ballarat
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Room size ok, beds ok, but carpet covered in dead petals that had blown in through the gap under the door. Shower grout was mouldy and many insects in the room. Reception staff very friendly and accommodating with organising an early breakfast (delivered to room the night before).

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Bell Tower Inn

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Bell Tower twice and a third stay is coming up in November 2013.
We have found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great.
We would not return if we were not happy, but have always been very pleased with the service.
Cherie ( Rosebud Victoria )

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here as there was no other accommodation in Ballarat. We booked the 'deluxe spa suite' for $150 thinking it'd be a good room. It was old dirty and ugly. Built in 1960 with no improvements made since then. It was the worst motel I've we stayed in and I've stayed in $15 per night hotels in South East Asia. The lamps in the room did not match. There were marks all over the ceilings and walls. The carpet was old worn and revolting. Every single thing in the room was old, worn and disgusting. I ended up leaving because I was so appalled I paid $150 for such a dump. Don't stay here. I'd rather sleep in my at then this hell hole.

• Stayed: October 2013
acetog, Owner at Bell Tower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hi JoF1sh,
Thank you for reviewing the Bell Tower Inn.
Your stay was previous to us taking over, however, we welcome all feedback.
We are constantly improving the Bell Tower Inn and have made significant changes in the short period of time to lift the standard of the motel already.
Our improvements are ongoing and we would invite you back to check out our changes.
Regards,
Andrew Cronin
New Owner

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Our booking was made mid week and we advised we would be arriving around noon on arrival at 11.40 we were told in no certain terms our room wasn't ready due to being fully booked the night before. We left came back at 2.30 to pick up our key to be told room is ready we didn't want the room just the key as we are going out for dinner and didn't know what time we would be back. Came back to our room at 4.30pm to drop off luggage & freshen up our room was not cleaned. Went back to reception explained our room hasn't been cleaned on checking there was no other spa rooms available there was no offer of have a drink while we get your room clean or we will put you in a cleaned room as these people haven't shown up yet now we are on our way home weekend was ruined

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My boyfriend and I (with a 5 week old baby) stayed in an executive double room for a two nights while he did hes apprentice training during the day, I found the nearest shopping center was ages away, which was okay... The room was very clean and alot better than I thought. The staff even lent me a microwave to heat bottles and I hired a porta-cot for $15, that was great. Reception was supposed to be open till 9:00..closed at 7:30 when I rang to enquire about the pool it was shut, also supposed to be open till 9:00 then I enquired about the gym for a key, she said 'meet me at reception in ten minutes' more like 20 minutes and came out in pajamas and stuck her head out the door, and said 'oh just keep it till the morning' lazy!!! I was also planning on having a room service dinner, but didn't want the staff's attitude about it so left it. None of the staff could be bothered VERY unprofessional. The gym was an old room emptied and had one treadmill, broken exercise bike and a broken walker and a flat yoga ball with a stuffed pump? . It was hideous to call that a gym.The room came with a beautiful spa, that I had to fill up with the kettle!!!! Took over an hour to fill as the tap just trickled water!! Very unhappy will not return!!!!!!! Not worth a cent, the only thing that made it good was my son being there.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I arrived a bit early for check in and it was not a problem. The lady at reception was very pleasant and helpful with nothing being a problem. Room was very spacious and very well laid out. Had a great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. Only problem was not enough milk in the fridge for coffee. Will always use this motel when visiting Ballarat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds