Pro - great location in the centre of town, opposite the theatre.
- Very elegant bar with a great selection of cocktails.
- Friendly, thoughtful and receptive staff
- Cool old world atmosphere and charm
- Valet parking is very handy
- Restaurant in the hotel is very good and the service is fuss free yet agreeable.
Cons - The bed in the room was like a rock
- The pokies room is right next door to the restaurant - enjoying a quiet breakfast was constantly interrupted by the annoying chirp of pokies and the rattle of coins paying out. Very odd experience.
- Small rooms.
I have to confess I got a voucher for a stay for Xmas last year, so I didn't pay myself, but I understand the room we were in was worth about $250 a night. Frankly, if I'd paid that I might feel a bit hard done by, it's a super nice place but I'm not sure it's worth that (though the hot breakfast included was excellent). The normally included continental breakfast I think is reasonable - much better than some others I've seen.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking