“Classic, consistent pub style meals”
Review of Lakeview Motor Inn

Lakeview Motor Inn
Ranked #107 of 236 Restaurants in Bendigo
Cuisines: Australian
Description: suburban type pub with a modest bistro but great food
Description: suburban type pub with a modest bistro but great food
Bendigo, Australia
“Classic, consistent pub style meals”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I go here about once a fortnight as it's close by and never fails to deliver on good quality classic pub style meals with a bit of a modern twist. Thursday night is $20 seafood night and it's great value with a few different dishes to share. There's classic pub food like parmas, steaks and the fried sea food basket, but for something different try the seafood paella, grilled mushroom burger or one of the pastas. It's really good value with most meals around the $16 - $25 mark.

Visited May 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My lamb was still Baaaaing”
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch on a Tuesday. When we arrived we were the only ones in the whole place, I should have taken that as a clue to what was to follow. We both ordered the 4 crumbed lamb cutlets on a bed of mash with Veggies. I think it was $26.00 each. The wait was ok I think it was 15 minutes and when the meals came out they looked great. I did notice that our 4 cutlets was only 3 but the looked good. The crumb on all of them was really thick but the cutlets were all raw. Don't get me wrong I do like my lamb pink but this was beyond pink it was still in the paddock Baaaaing. We will not be returning.

• Visited April 2013
Heathcote
“great value lunches”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We've had lunch here a couple of times. Lunch options are vast and food is tasty, generous and well-priced. Staff is helpful and friendly.

Visited April 2013
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I went there with some friends we ordered and waited so long for our meals. It was definately not worth the wait. I had a chicken penne that was overcooked and in some kind of broth. They charged $20 for it which was way too much in my opinion. Worst meal i have ever had and my friends all said the same thing none of us finished our meals. Never go there again.

Bendigo, Australia
“Good Food but........”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Our table of 7 waited for an hour for the first order to come out, it then took 20 minutes to get all meals. Meals came out as ordered staggered in time, with 2 chefs sitting at the table it was easy to see that the Lakes chef has difficulty thinking outside the square. Meal was good except for the last meal....rare steak....closer to well done but last meal out GO FIGURE.

• Visited December 2012