“Good Value - Complete with Free WiFi”

Golden Reef Motor Inn
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Bendigo
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My 10 year old son Mat and I stayed for 2 nights, and loved our stay, it was also the Bendigo Festival, so that was a real treat. Mat begged for swim, even though it was far too cold, so l took him down and watched the clock, sure enough Mum was right out he got right on time. Straight to room for a spa, and relax with Free Austar and Free Wi-Fi. The rooms are Clean, comfortable and quiet, the best things a motel can provide. The owners, Brook & Eugene, have done a great job with this motel. And nothing was too much trouble, even sending up a knife for us. The location is close enough for all Bendigo has to offer with very reasonable rates.

Room Tip: All rooms have car space.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I found the rooms to be nice and clean, tidied up daily. The staff really went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable and easy. I weekended in Melbourne and thought I would have to check in and check out but they were very accommodating and allowed me the same room on my return. Not the most central of locations but a quiet spot for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The family had booked three rooms here as we all stayed for the Grace Kelly Exhibition in Bendigo. This motel is approximately 3 kms from Bendigo CDB and I was very happy with our room. In fact, the beds in all 3 rooms were very comfortable and the water pressure and availability of hot water was excellent. There is a pool onsite, but being May, it was pretty cold, so we didn't have a chance to test it out. I would definitely stay here again if I had the need. It's not fancy, but it has everything you need for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We had not booked and just rocked up and got a good price for a lovely room. We ended up with a spa suite and the bathroom was all brand new. Was a bit of a strange shaped room but all good. The staff were lovely and the room was very clean.

The hotel is located a little way out of the CBD and our TomTom took us to the wrong location as you need to enter the actual suburb in rather than just simply Bendigo. A quick call to the hotel for help and we were back on track. Was a lovely hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed for 1 night for a weekend conference in Bendigo. 2 minutes drive from Bendigo CBD. The room was nicely decorated. Exceptionally clean and served it's purpose for somewhere quiet to sleep. No noise from other guests or the road. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2012

My family and I stayed overnight recently, and thoroughly enjoyed the facilities on offer. Clean, comfortable and quiet, the best things a motel can provide. The owners, Brook & Eugene, have achieved a very high standard of service, and the location is close enough for all Bendigo has to offer.
The family room we had was roomy, with a second bedroom for the kids, spacious bathroom (inc spa) and a toaster in the room, which is a great money saver for breakfast with kids when travelling.
Very reasonable rates.
I will definitely staying again when passing through Bendigo. And telling my friends about our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Vicki S
Reviewed 29 November 2011

As far as these types of hotels go - this one was clean, modern decor (no daggy wallpaper or bedspreads) and even smelt clean! The bathroom appeared newly renovated - good supplies of shampoo etc. Fridge contained a mini-bar which was surprising. The staff/owners were friendly and helpful. The pool was clean and ok size for cooling off in.
Wel priced and compared to some highway hotels this was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the pool and the big gum trees near the front entrance. The birds in the tree...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family