“cosy and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bendigo Backpackers
Bendigo, Australia
“cosy and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

What a great choice of accommodation my friend suggested, clean and providing all the amenities you require. Wonderfully located in the CBD. A comfortable bed and the dorms are spacious enough for me to spread out my things as I get organised each day.
The staff are friendly and helpful, The kitchen is big and there is plenty of bench space and utensils to prepare my meals. oh so nice to wash my clothes in the laundry fresh for my sight seeing.
It was a nice atmosphere, it was easy to meet people and make friends even if your travelling alone, I will be happy to say I'II be back to stay and see more of Bendigo's landmarks

Room Tip: Outside was nice to relax in the fresh air and talk to others
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank fuzzyfizz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was travelling through Bendigo, where was advised not to travel on by Doc due to a bad foot. After hobbling to Bendigo Backpackers I was met by Graham who organised me a dorm for my self to rest up and get the heating on. It had a feel of home about the place and both common area and kitchen where very clean and spacious.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have enjoyed my stay in Bendigo Backpacker immensely. The hostel is very clean and comfortable with all the amenities you need including a fully functional kitchen, as well as a laundry room and free laundry powder! There is social areas auch as tv room and bbq area out back. The hostel provides information and things to do in bendigo and the surrounding area and Graham is easily approachable to answer any questions you may have. I enjoyed my stay so much I came back to stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was only my second experience of a hostel when travelling alone and I have almost been completely put off. The hostels itself wasn't in bad condition, and the facilities were very good for the price. However, when I arrived at 8pm on a Saturday night, there was no-one there to answer the door. A sign in the door informed me that check-in was 5pm-9pm, so I expected someone to be there, especially as I had informed the owners I would be arriving at 8pm. After spending 40 minutes banging on every door and window in the place, and ringing the two numbers provided (they both went to voicemail immediately), a guest opened the door to me. She informed me that the owners had left earlier, so no-one was there to show me to the room I had booked. Luckily, the guest that let me in said I could sleep in a bed in the dorm that they had booked, otherwise I would have had nowhere to sleep. As I was getting ready for bed, another couple arrived at the hostel and couldn't get into the room they had booked with the key they had been given; it was a key for the room I ended up staying in. This led to them having to sleep on the sofa in the living room. They were extremely angry too. This hostel is in a pretty good location, it only takes 10 minutes to walk to the centre of the city. The facilities were also very good for the price, it's just such a shame that the customer service was completely non-existent, which has led to this 1-star review.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Bendigo hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

We were three students (2 french and 1 aussie) and had a great time ! Clean, cheap, well situated, nice host, free wifi, free laundry, free coffee&tea. What else ? Perfect place for a short stay, close to shopping spot, restaurants, bars and nightclubs. It matches perfectly with family, students, couples, hips of friends, anybody will be pleased !!

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

After seeing the reviews that are quite negative about this place at the start we were quite aprehensive about staying here.. we are 3.

After traveling over from Perth we have stayed in our fair share of crap, dampy, overpriced places. And in reality this place does feel like your home. With free wifi, free washing machine (free powder too) free tea coffee as well, you can feel that the owner especially goes out of his way to make you feel welcome.

But above all this isnt a Palace or a YHA (it lacks the price of one of them too) and it does have one or two cobwebs in some places but to me i couldnt care less, thats not what matters to me.

Having arrived on a thursday the owner gave the three of us (it must have been quite recently) a 6 person dorm so we could stay together and the beds and bathrooms are in good condition.

Overall and ultimately i am very satisfied.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed one night in this Hostel on our way to Camberra. The service is excellent, free Wifi, free laundry, nice host, clean kitchen and bathrooms, a common room with TV and sofas. The room was comfortable and spacious. The quality price ratio is really good. I totally recommend this place, especially if you want to walk around Bendigo because everything is really close, nice restaurants, café and shopping are 10 min away by walking.

1 Thank Marion C