“Great special event night out”

My Teppanyaki Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2012

A great night out to celebrate a 60th with family. We average about once a year or so which is about the right frequency. The menu doesn't vary, though there are component choices. We go there for major birthdays, graduations etc. The parade of smallish courses (japanese salad, prawns, chicken, wagyu, bean sprouts, rice) and the dramatic preparation keeps interest, including the 4 year old member of the group (of eight). The flames, the rapid cutting the implement tossing and the rice bowl catching contribute to an entertaining evening for all and kept the 4yo in stitches. He was also looked after with early food that suited him.

We must try it as a couple some time, a little later in the night to see how that goes, but for a family, work or social group on special occasions it is hard to beat.

1  Thank Semperpronto

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Always a great group place for a fun evening. Food's average but the chef's antics are memorable. A little expensive otherwise.

1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We went here after reading other reviews on Trip Advisor but I have to say, it was 'good', but not 'fantastic!' I think someone wrote that this was the best teppanyaki place in Aust. Sorry to say, it is not.

As much as it was entertaining to watch chef cook (he is fast!), I believe it is over priced for what you get in terms of quantity of food.

A set menu consists of a bowl of fried rice, 5- 6 bite size pieces of steak, 4-5 bits of chicken, 3 bits of prawns, small salad and miso soup for $45. If you are small eater, you will be fine. If you enjoy full meal, may need to order an extra dish or two. If you look at the quantity of food as "Japanese fine dining" experience with entertainment from the chef... it might make more sense.

In terms of service, it was average.

3  Thank SleepyKoalas
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My Teppanyaki Japanese Restaurant Bendigo is a great night out, we had a work Christmas break up there and found that we could all talk, the food was lovely, prices were ok and all in all was a very entertaining night watching a master chief do his thing. We will be back.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I dined here for our anniversary the food was great and the chef was very entertaining can.t wait to go back and take the kids this time.