“We were picked up by the owner!”

All Rivers Motor Inn
All Rivers Motor Inn
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Echuca
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Last holiday, in July 2013, I and my friend had holiday as backpacker without having own car. We went to some town, one of which was Echuca. I seldom plan holiday by myself, really! And since I am in Australia and want to visit some places, I have to. I didn't know about how is Echuca except what some tourist attraction are. My bad, I didn't ask trip advisor when planning that holiday. So, instead of getting backpacker accommodation that can be close to Port of Echuca (the place that we wanted to visit), we booked accommodation that is far far away from that place. Also, it's far from the railway station.

My bad, I had booked and paid $20 to the Inn. I told the owner, whom I think is also the manager and employee, that we didn't drive. The owner told me that we could be picked up somewhere around, for free! He said that we could be picked up near the station, or near visitor information.

Because of the far distance of the tourist attraction and the Inn, we decided to go to the tourist attraction first then call to be picked up. So, when we arrive at Echuca station at about 10.30, we walked (because we did not know that there's some buses) to Oz Maze, visitor information, then Port of Echuca that are located not too far from one to another. In the afternoon, we called the Inn telling we're ready to be picked up. Because we needed to buy some foods at nearby supermarket, we asked to be picked up at the supermarket. And we were picked up to the Inn.

I don't know about pricing but with $79 for 2 person per room with the facilities, i think is satisfying. In the room, there are 3 single bedrooms, TV, Air Con, fan, dining table and chairs, refrigerator, toaster, water heater, bathroom with a shower, a toilet, a hairdryer, shaver. They also provided towel, soap, shampoo, tea, coffee, sugar, milk, cups, glasses, electric blanket, wardrobe, just complete!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Restri M

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Stopped here for one night in early January 2013. The staff really got it right with their friendliness and they were so helpful with local info too. Car parking is behind each room (there is a front and a back entrance to rooms) which makes it kid friendly. The rooms are quite spacious and overlook the pool. It was exceptionally hot and dry when we were there, the grassed area could use a lot of water. The pool was welcoming and has a spa at one end. I would suggest the owners invest in a shade cover for at least half of the pool as it was too hot to really use it in the daytime for fear of getting sun burnt. There is a Asian type restaurant located at the motel, with meals reasonably priced. It is a little way out of Echuca itself, but really nice and quiet. This motel is no longer a Comfort Inn, but I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are very well positioned away from the main road.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ippy47
Reviewed 6 January 2013

John the owner did not stop working from morning till late at night. Gr8 for kids easy to get courtesy bus to clubs
It was very quiet at night but good to sit outside in the courtyard.
Needs a bit of work in pool And courtyard area ( grass very dry and swings old) could be a gr8 little resorts with a bit of work.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank teneale
Reviewed 13 August 2012

These people are the most hard working people ( at least John is that I saw) that run this hotel. Very clean, great place. I will recommend this place to anyone. Although I was working, I felt like I had a home away from home. Slightly off the beaten path in Echuca, it's just perfect. Still close enough to anything you need or want. Price is very reasonable for what you get. All goo and I will be back next time I work or visit Echuca.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Maplegum
Reviewed 6 February 2012

we always stay at all rovers inn. it is the only place we stay at in echuca, Jill and Jhon are very accomadating for large groups, they keep rates fair the place is always clean and it has acres for kids to run around as cars are parked behind hotel room doors not infront. love this place and we will be back in April. Mary and dave.

Room Tip: get the 2 brd family room self contained
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mary f
Reviewed 2 December 2011

No longer a Comfort Inn. Bit out of town- but if you have a car thats not a major problem. Room was spacious- and clean. The manager seemed to be doing everything from reception to cleaning rooms when we arrived and left. On the down side- we checked in and unpacked, then we were told we had been given the wrong room key and we had to move rooms. The gardens seemed very overgrown and shabby, and the pool- well I would'nt want to swim in it- there were ducks swimming though! For the price it was a clean bed to rest in, but thats all. The property needs a lot of work- we manage a motel so I guess we look harder than most people would.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GAMWIK
Reviewed 29 January 2011

location is on the edge of town so need a car if staying here. About a 5 minute drive into town. Plenty of room in the hotel grounds. Pool in the centre, Asked what time I would be checking-out when I checked in - I think it was only to know what time to open reception as there didn't seem to be many staying there the night we were there. good for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family